DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

2008 Camry LE Dim Headlights On Low Beam

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

I hear you about not having a lot of time.
She really will be happy when it's done, she is just missing out!

Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 AM

Finally got the bulbs in Monday. So every day I ask her about it and every day she says she hasn't drove at night yet geesh! Finally tonight she drove it. I text her asking her and her reply was that they need adjusting because they seem a little cross eyed. Finally pried it out of her that she thought they were brighter. I didn't touch the adjustment so now I need the car at night so I can check it out for myself. I might get it in two weeks or so lol

Old 05-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

She might say that they are cross-eyed because the right head light will shoot some light upwards. This is to illuminate road signs, etc. There is a slight cut out in the lens at the 12 o'clock mark that makes this happen. That cut out is commonly known as a squirrel spotter. When people put HID's into non-HID housings, the spotters need to be covered so as not to blind other drivers The left headlight has a more abrupt horizontal cut off that is lower than the right.
This might be why she says this.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:06 AM

Took the car out tonight with her and they did seem a little low I adjusted them up to her liking but then the high beams were in the trees lol I split the difference and now she is happy. To bad you can't adjust low and high seperatley like back in the day with individual headlights. Anyway thank you for putting me onto this to begin with.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that you both are happy.
Just remember that the H9's won't last as long as the H11's, usually about 1/2 to 3/4 time.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:34 AM

Greetings - I have a 2007 Camry with really dim low beams like above. I polished the front lens assembly using the Maguires polishing kit. That worked great to clear the front lens assembly. The high beams work great, really bright - no issues, but the low beams are still low - definitely dimmer than other cars passing me on a dark highway. This caused a real problem yesterday as I was coming down a dark hill at night and could not see a large pothole which I hit square on. It's a real safety issue. My mechanic had replaced one of the low beam bulbs which was dead (before I hit the pothole) but the output of light is still the same from that one as the other side. It is only the low beams that are too dim. Looking through the front lens there appears to be another frosted lens INSIDE the main assembly only on the low beams. I can see the bulb elements directly on the high beams. I'm thinking that the frosted inside lens i where the problem is but I'm not sure what if anything can be done about it. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

See your other post.