DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Gen 3 Camry - headlight issue

Old 07-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Default Gen 3 Camry - headlight issue

Hi, about 2 weeks ago both my headlights went out on my 92’ Camry V6. Instinctually, I first went out and changed my bulbs and checked my fuses, and after no dice, changed my relay.

With the headlights rarely working and signals working, I decided to change the combination switch from a junk 94 Camry on the steering column to see if that was the culprit and still no dice.

My turn signal lights stay on and one of the side lights come on. My whole rear light section works fine as well. My air bag light also came on after changing out the combo switch. When changing it out, I could hear the relay by the wheel well working.
Does any one have any advice or ideas?

Old 07-02-2023, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

What engine type, V6 or 4 cylinder and what model such as LE, XLE?

Turn on the emergency flashers and determine what lights blink, are on but don't blink, are not on.

If a wire to an airbag gets disconnected the air bag light will come one. The airbag in the steering wheel has something called a clock spring that allows the air bag wiring to remain connected when the steering wheel is rotated. This "spring" can fail and the light comes on.

Note that fixing the problem will not reset the light. It needs to be reset using a procedure.