DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Camry 2008 - DVD/Navigation system issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Default Camry 2008 - DVD/Navigation system issue

Hi,

I bought and install DVD/Navigation system into my Camry 2008. It seemed to be pretty straight forward. There was three plugs plugged into original radio together with antenna cable. So I took those and plugged them into bundled harness and plugged the radio and gps antenna as well.

The unit is working but I have one major issue. Every time I start the engine the all electronics is disconnected during ignition and the unit is not handling it well. There are two cases: First, if I wait till the unit boots up completely and then start the engine the unit recovers after a minute and starts booting again. But secondly, if I put the key into ignition and don't wait till it's fully boot up and start the engine directly then the unit doesn't recover from it and it's not working till I turn the engine and wait like half a minute and then I put the key back in...

I wrote the seller and he told me that it's installed incorrectly that there should be some cable 'ACC' connected somewhere.. but I don't know where have you somebody encountered similar problem or do you know what acc cable is and where I should connect it? I appreciate your help. Thanks

Old 11-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

What brand of DVD/Nav system?

Typically car ign is setup to disconnect power when turned to start.

ACC wire may be Gray.

Constant battery power wire may be Blue/Yellow (should have constant 12v).

Check Radio No 1 and Radio No 2 fuses if the car has these. Location fuse boxes engine compartment and behind far drivers side ash try on dash.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 PM

It's this one:

HD 8"Car DVD Stereo GPS Navigation System Bluetooth iPod for Toyota Camry 07 10 | eBay

What I've found about acc wire is that is a 12V supply for accessories in car but I presume that it's already connected to this wire and it disconnects during the ignition.. I'm not sure if it's the right way to connect it to permanent 12V wire.. Won't it drain the battery out when it'll by stationary?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

This unit come with a wiring diagram and instruction book?

ACC would disconnect during ignition.

There should be a 12V hot wire that keeps the memory alive (Radio 1 fuse), but if aftermarket never know how it set.

The seller states what? The unit should not reboot on start up?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:22 PM

Yes, there's a wiring diagram. But I presume that it'll be just simple plug and play and no additional playing with wires...

The seller just says that it's connected wrong and then talking about this acc wire that it has to be connected somewhere..

I'll try to follow up with him and I hope that I won't need to go to service to connect it properly..;/

Old 11-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Use the wiring diagram to find the B+ power connection. Determine if the wire has power.