DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Difficulty of replacing Toyota Aurion Dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Wink Difficulty of replacing Toyota Aurion Dashboard?

Hey All,
I have a 2007 Aurion, that has suffered from the 'Dashgate' issue - melting in some areas and also chipping in others.

I was able to source out a whole new dashboard from a wrecker,
but the only thing stopping me from buying it is if I'll be able to replace it myself?
I had a look at a few repair guides and how to's and it seems pretty straight forward with the right instructions and tools -
so just thought I'd get your advice.

Cheers!

Old 03-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota now has a warranty for dashboard problems for US cars.

If not already done so, check with Toyota in your country to determine if there is a warranty and if it covers your car.

Just takes time. Mark everything and take pictures. Its easy to forget what want where.

Be careful with airbags. Disconnect battery and wait 90 seconds. Don't power up car with airbags disconnected or will get a code.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:40 AM
Banned

Toyota offers mid to high segment value to its vehicles. The aftermarket supplies of parts and services is reasonably available and so good for the long haul. The resale value is also reasonably good. Wrapped with hitech embeddments the toyota usually offers good value for money. It would be easy for you to find the right part and right person to fix it up and at the right price. Overall the aftermarket for toyota is quite affordable so why take risk yourself. <a href="http://www.anzael.com"> Anzael </a>