DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Master Cylinder Job From Heck

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Default Master Cylinder Job From Heck

So i have replaced the master cylinder and brake booster in my wifes 2007 camry le 4 cylinder. I bench bleed the MC and attached the brake lines but when I try to bleed the brake calipers the peddle doesnt move at all and there is no fluid coming out of any of the bleed valves. then removed the brake lines from the mc and pressed the brake peddle and the peddle functions fine the mc has good flow on both ports. I then connected the right brake line to the mc and pressed the brake and got good flow from the left port but also got brake fluid squirting out of the line I detached. I hooked up both lines again and got no peddle movement like its frozen. I then checked the ABS on the mc side to see if fluid would come out of the lines going in to the mc on the mc1 side i get nothing cant get the mc2 side off. Got any advice need help wife needs her car asap for work and I am so tired of scratching my head please help

Last edited by Zachary Smith; 07-20-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Why did you replace the original master cylinder?

Was the correct cylinder used? IE, for a car having stick or auto trans, a brake system having dynamic stability or not, US or Japan built car.

If a TMMK brand brake booster, was the brake booster push rod adjusted correctly?

If a master cylinder system repair that allowed air into the lines. Toyota states to use its "Intelligence Tester" to activate the ABS system solenoids/pump to bleed the system.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:17 AM

My camrys are older and do not have ABS. Many newer ABS systems need the brakes bled mandating the use of a controller that opens and closes valves electronically. I have a $30 hand vacuum pump I bleed with. you can try that- connecting pump to each wheel bleeder and seeing if it will draw fluid (and air) from MC thru ABS assembly to your caliper.