ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

'01 Camry clock memory and dome light

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Default '01 Camry clock memory and dome light

Hi,
I've searched all over for wiring diagrams and you tube video's for these problems. There is no voltage at fuse 14(7.5A) in the fuse box under the hood. There obviously is no voltage at the dome light. The clock will not store setting. Every time the car is started it resets to 1:00. The car has no other issues so I do not consider the integration relay a problem. I do not fully understand the function of it. The name speaks for itself but I would imagine it works as a unit not a power distribution center??? Would it make sense that the power for fuse 14 feeds from the under dash fuse box???
I can not find a diagram so I am lost.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Old 10-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

What is the name of this fuse?

Check 7.5A Dome fuse.

Do the hazard lights work?

Check for power at the 10A ECU-B fuse.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Default clock, dome

Thanks for the reply. I identified the fuse I am concerned with although it is NOT the fuse. As I stated, there is no power to that fuse, fuse 14 in the under hood fusebox. I am looking for the wiring diagram because of this. I have already checked all the other fuses and I wouldn't be asking for the diagram. I would be asking "which fuse do I check next?" like the rest of the people on here.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

The dome light is powered by the 7.5A Dome fuse.

The Dome fuse also powers a clock circuit that keeps correct time when the ign key is off.

If no Dome light and the clock keeps resetting between drives it appears this circuit has a problem.

Power to the Dome fuse runs through what is called a "short pin". A removable electrical link (pin) in the fuse box. If the pin is removed this fuse and the ECU-B have no power.

The short pin circuit also powers the 10A ECU-B fuse. If no power to this fuse and the Dome fuse appears to have no power, the problem is ahead of these fuses. The next in line then is the short pin.

Power to the short pin also goes to fuses for the horn and hazard lights. If they work, power is getting to the circuit for the short pin. If not the issue lies further up the chain.

The above circuits receive power from the same circuit as the headlights. If the headlights work/don't then this will again narrow down the problem location.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Default great info!!!!

Thank You very much. That is what I call an excellent answer. Very informative. The car is not experiencing any other symptoms. This other fuse you have mentioned several times, would the car still start and run if there were no power to it. This car starts, runs, everything works as it should other than the dome light and clock. There are some burned out bulbs in the dash and A/C controls but there is power getting there.
No other problems.
Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

ECU-B powers:
AC
Combination meter
SRS (airbag)

The short pin may be near the Dome and ECU-B fuses. Its a flat blade "pin" that plugs into the fuse/relay board. Use a voltmeter to check for 12V at the pin engine off.

SRS dash light should come on with ign switch.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Default Mystery then

Well, thanks for everything you have provided. But as I have previously mentioned. There are no other problems other than the dome light and click memory. If all those other systems are being fed power by the short pin connector that you mention AND I am not experiencing any problems in those systems then I need to concentrate my examination at the bottom of the fuse block under the hood to see what condition the wiring is in under fuse 14.
Thanks again. If all of this fails I am going to buy a stick on , push on/off led interior light and just disconnect the clock when replacing the bulbs.
Thanks again.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting back.