Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   ECU & Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/)
-   -   07 Camry Changing air outlet servo motor w/pic (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/07-camry-changing-air-outlet-servo-motor-w-pic-50649/)

lin112 11-03-2015 10:53 AM

07 Camry Changing air outlet servo motor w/pic

1 Attachment(s)
hi,
I am trying to change the air outlet servo motor for my 07 Camry. I took out the RH panel, RH lower panel, glove department. but when I just can't figure out how to take out the servo motor because the entire air blower fixture is blocking it. please see my attached picture.

anyone know what I am missing in order to change the servo motor?

thanks

toyomoho 11-03-2015 01:59 PM

Toyota shows the blower assy and A/C unit coming out as a unit. Then remove blower assy is removed to access servo. If blower only can be removed, don't know. It can on earlier years but Toyota changed things to make it more difficult to access parts.

lin112 11-03-2015 05:54 PM

thanks for the reply. it looks like i can remove the blower motor. but the air filter fixture above the blower is still blocking the air outlet motor. i got to missing something. i google the web for a few day, and look throuth the 07 camry repair manual, but i just can not find any reference of it.

any help is appreciated.

toyomoho 11-04-2015 11:16 AM

Toyota used two different vendor A/C-Heater unit assy products and each is slightly different.

The repair manual has nothing on removing this unit other then removing the dash board and instrument panel reinforcement (a cross bar behind the dash).

The actually blower assy is held to the A/C unit by a few bolts. However access may be difficult as two require removing from the side facing the firewall. This is in on the top and bottom of the duct connecting the blower housing and A/C unit (between blower housing and A/C unit).

One bolt other bolt is located on the passengers side front of the blower housing. This bolt attaches to the cross bar and removes from the front.

Might try posting at Toyotanation.com in the appropriate year Camry section.

lin112 11-04-2015 12:05 PM

thanks for reply. this is getting more complicated then what I can handle without breaking other things in the process.

is there a way I can manually turn the air flow servo motor to blow the windshield? I will just leave it at that position for now since winter is coming.

toyomoho 11-05-2015 07:56 PM

Look at the rods and arms on the servo. The rods move arms which are connected to the air gates. The top arm appears to be the one that control air flow to the windshield. If you can find a way to remove the rod, the arm can then be rotated to open the gate.

lin112 11-14-2015 01:20 PM

I was going to play with the rods that moves the arms so to adjust the airflow to the window. but surprisingly, I play with the rod a bit and managed to slide out the rod, I apply a bit of force, and managed to pull out the entire two servo fixture. (I thought I was going to break something, lol.)

its a 5 pin servo. I took apart the servo, and clean the track, still nothing. but I notice sometimes, when I turn the key from power on to accessory, the servo moves a bit. is there still a chance that this servo is good, and there might be other part of the system might be broken. ( I google the web, but didn't find anything to test the ecu). anyway, I went on ebay, and order a used servo, hopefully that fix the issue.

speedrace 11-11-2016 09:08 PM

Hi,

Im in the exact same position. Firstly, I have to ask how did you manage to pull the servos out. I tried a lot but dont want to break anything. Secondly, did the servo from ebay work? I the issue was resolved as the winter is approaching and i dont have any defrost.

thanks

MattStevenson 05-20-2017 11:31 AM

Were you able to repair?

Originally Posted by lin112 (Post 91438)
hi,
I am trying to change the air outlet servo motor for my 07 Camry. I took out the RH panel, RH lower panel, glove department. but when I just can't figure out how to take out the servo motor because the entire air blower fixture is blocking it. please see my attached picture.

anyone know what I am missing in order to change the servo motor?

thanks

Were you able to repair this yourself? I'm hoping I can fix ours.

speedrace 05-20-2017 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MattStevenson (Post 95495)
Were you able to repair this yourself? I'm hoping I can fix ours.

Hi,

Yes, i was able to fix it. Mine was stuck somewhere.

Regards