ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2012 Camry SE Smart Key Not Working on Driver's Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Default 2012 Camry SE Smart Key Not Working on Driver's Door Lock

Good Evening,

I have a 2012 Camry SE with a Smart Key System, Display Audio, & Nav. I recently changed the settings on the Smart Key via the Setup -> Vehicle menu so that the doors would not unlock when I shifted to park. A few weeks later, I started having trouble with the drivers door lock. It would not lock when I touched the handle; all the other doors would lock. I assumed the actuator was out, ordered one, but while waiting for it to arrive, the lock started working again.

Fast forward a few weeks, the drivers lock is not working again. I'm trying to decide if the actuator went out and needs to be replaced, or if the Smart Key System is somehow confused.

- The drivers lock currently only works manually from the inside, or with the key on the outside. Touching the handle doesn't work, the key fob buttons don't work, and the button on the door doesn't work. The three other doors continue to function normally.

-Smart Key Fob batteries are fresh

- I changed the settings back to the default (auto unlock when you shift to park)

-I unplugged the battery in a crude attempt to reset the system

- When I try to lock the car by touching the handle, it will beep 10 times and the hazards flash (when it is set to open all four doors). Is this some sort of diagnostic alert from the vehicle? If I change it to only unlock the driver's door (by hold both key fob buttons for 5 or so seconds), then it does nothing.

Thank you for your time. I would appreciate any advice on this issue.

TPSreports