Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   ECU & Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/)
-   -   Brake Light That Refuses To Go Out (1992) (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/brake-light-refuses-go-out-1992-a-4829/)

grampy 02-04-2023 02:14 PM

Well I just disconnected the switch on the side of the master cylinder, but having that removed what affect would it have on the b rake system and will it cause any other problems? How would I replace that switch if needed?

toyomoho 02-05-2023 12:02 AM

Year of car?

Assume this is the brake fluid level switch and said switch failed as in turning a dash light on.

If so is the light now off? If now off then the car "thinks" the brake fluid level is OK and all is well.

For the switch do an internet search on make/model/year of car and brake reservoir master switch. Napa and Autozone have switches but don't know year of car so can't state they have that switch.

grampy 02-05-2023 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 108814)
Year of car?

Assume this is the brake fluid level switch and said switch failed as in turning a dash light on.

If so is the light now off? If now off then the car "thinks" the brake fluid level is OK and all is well.

For the switch do an internet search on make/model/year of car and brake reservoir master switch. Napa and Autozone have switches but don't know year of car so can't state they have that switch.

It is a 2001 camry le I disconnected the switch on the side of the reservoir and the light is now out but I want to know if I leave it out will that cause any problems in the future and can I leave it off?thanks

toyomoho 02-05-2023 12:00 PM

No. Take note the light may also be connected to the emergency brake handle switch.

Ditmar 02-10-2023 11:30 AM

Luz de freno

[QUOTE=wantahertzdonut;18050]My car was towed due to a burned out coil (it lasted over 299,000 miles!). After I got it running again, the parking brake/brake warninglight on the dashboard has been on. I checked the brake fluid and noticed it was adversely low so I topped it off (no idea why, there are no leaks in the system), however the brake light was still on.

My parking brake has been unused for several years and is completely siezed up, so I don't think the tow truck driver would have pulled it to trigger the warning light.

Is there any otherevent that would cause the light to come on like this? I normally wouldn't care as the car is about worn out but this light prevents me from engaging the cruise control, and I need to get my car e-checked (Ohio emissions check) and they refuse to check the car with the light on. I need to get this done beforethe end of the month.

The car is a 1992 Camry. This light comes on when you pull the parking brake lever, and has also come on to signify low or high brake fluid in the master cylinder.

Any leads would help![/QUOTE existe posible fuga de líquido de frenos por eje de la bomba. Desmontar la bomba de frenos y reemplazar kit

toyomoho 02-10-2023 06:12 PM

Confused here.

One dash icon warming light is connected to emergency brake switch and to the brake fluid level switch. It has happened the fluid switch fails.

The cruise control is disabled if the emergency brake switch is on or the brake pedal switch is on (there is NO connection to low brake fluid switch). Make sure these switches works.

There is another light that monitors if a brake lights goes out.

Monitor the brake fluid level to determine if there is a leak. Check the brake booster hose for signs of fluid. Has happened the master brake cylinder fails and fluid gets sucked into the engine via the vacuum hose to the booster.