ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Power windows and Power locks questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Default Power windows and Power locks questions

Hi,

I hope I am posting on the correct forum within this site. And I did see another poster having a similar problem, but mine is a bit different. Please let me explain.

I have a 1994 Camry, 2 door, 6 cyl.

The passenger side power window will not open or close, not from either side of the control panels to operate it. My driver side window is slow going up, but it works, up and down.

My power locks will not work from using the driver side control panel. But, it works when using the passenger side control panel. So, I have to use my key to lock all of my doors, or manually use my fingers to lift the lever on both driver and passengers sides to lock both of the two doors.

I feel this is a safety issue. What if some jerk wants to jump into my car and I forget to reach over and push in the lever to lock all doors?

And regarding the passenger window, I feel this is very important too.

I can give more information if you ask.

What do you think I should start out with to look at? I'm not made of money and I hate it when electronic things go wrong and I'm an amateur at these things.

Thanks! (crossing my fingers that I will get an email notification if someone responds. I looked at my settings and can't find how to follow a thread.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Over time the wiring running between the drivers door and chassis can break due to flexing as the door is opened and closed. The wiring is inside a tube you see when looking in the area of the door hinges.

Checking for broken wires would be a good place to start. The drivers door panel will need to be removed to access the wiring.

Since some windows and door locks work the main door lock and window system components are receiving power. This power however may not be making on to the individual locks and windows.

For the slow window up try silicone lube. Apply to the window seal area in the door. The window edge could be binding on the seal.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Over time the wiring running between the drivers door and chassis can break due to flexing as the door is opened and closed. The wiring is inside a tube you see when looking in the area of the door hinges.

Checking for broken wires would be a good place to start. The drivers door panel will need to be removed to access the wiring.

Since some windows and door locks work the main door lock and window system components are receiving power. This power however may not be making on to the individual locks and windows.

For the slow window up try silicone lube. Apply to the window seal area in the door. The window edge could be binding on the seal.
I want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. For some reason, my passenger power window is now working. I think I will do as you say and spary some silicone lube to both windows seal areas.

As far as the door locks, I will need to find the time and person to take the door panels off to access the wring. Waiting for a sunny, dry dray here in Oregon

Anyway, thanks

Old 04-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds good.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Hi,

His subject is good, long while I find this topic and I think it is here, many thanks guys .

led tube

Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by JasonWong
Hi,

His subject is good, long while I find this topic and I think it is here, many thanks guys .

led tube
What does this have to do with my topic?