Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   ECU & Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/)
-   -   passenger rear window quit working (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/ecu-electronics-12/passenger-rear-window-quit-working-5319/)

89poscamry 03-14-2009 04:08 PM

passenger rear window quit working

hey yall! just joined today. I gotta 89 camry I just got last summer for a delivery car for my pizza parlor. my passenger rear window quit working yesterday and I'm guessing it's the motor. Is there a fuse by chance for those that can go out. also can some show me a link for a printable interior fuse box diagram, mines missing. thanks

89poscamry 03-14-2009 08:20 PM

hello! anyone out there

toyomoho 03-15-2009 10:10 AM

Welcome to CF!

If the other windows work the fuse and power relay is OK.

Do either of the drivers or passenger door window switch work?

89poscamry 03-15-2009 10:28 AM

all the other windows are working. does this mean it's the motor?

toyomoho 03-15-2009 10:56 AM

The question was:

Does this window work with the individual window switch on the passengers door or side?

Or work with the drivers console switch?

Check for both window up and down operation.

Or neither which works.

89poscamry 03-15-2009 11:14 AM

it works with neither

toyomoho 03-15-2009 11:34 AM

If neither.

Suggest you access the motor and determine if it getting DC power when either switch is used. It could be the motor or wiring.

The window motor wiring is differant then would expect.

The drivers console sends out power via two wires to through the passengers individual switch and to the motor.

By changing polarity in the wires via the drivers console switch the motor rotates one way or the other (window up or down). Power goes out one wire and returns via the other.

There is another constant hot (DC power color purple) coming from the drivers console and going to the passengers switch. When the passenger individual switch is used power is directed to one of wires going to the motor.

Power runs through the motor and back through the passenger switch. It then runs back through one of the other two wires that came from the drivers console to complete the circuit.

If the passengers switch is moved the opposite way, power goes to the opposite wire to the motor then the opposite wire of the two wires running to the drivers console switch.

Thus the motor could be bad, the individual passenger switch or wiring. Typically if is the wiring it is between the drivers door and chassis. This due to the constant door usage.

Thus access the motor and check for power to the motor.

89poscamry 03-15-2009 11:40 AM

gotcha. thanks for the input man! I'll take a look at it today

89poscamry 03-21-2009 03:21 PM

found out the problem. it was the master window switch. got one off ebay for $23. now everything works fine again.

astar312 03-22-2009 12:27 AM

little off topic..but urgent.

do any of you by chance happen to know where i could run a power wire through my 98 camry le without having to drill a hole because i'm having much difficulty with this.