ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2007 Camry JBL stereo has no volume????

Old 07-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Default 2007 Camry JBL stereo has no volume????

Hello I am new to toyotas and am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the stereo or knows the components of the system? I have a 2007 XLE w/ the 6 disc JBL stereo system and the thing turns on changes channels and discs but it has no volume - the **** does nothing when you turn it.

I have done a lot of electrical and I was pretty sure that it would've been the head unit so I bought one but it still has the same problem. I'm now thinking that it could be the JBL amp but I was pretty sure smoke came from the dash so this makes me wonder if there is another component in the dash.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 PM

OK I have found a damaged part, and maybe someone else may find this useful. The only place I could find the amplifier new was OEM for over $600 and there is nothing up on ebay currently but they sell for around $200 so my only option is to see if I can fix it myself. Usually I don't get lucky in opening up the case and finding something wrong, but in this case it was a larger pin chip which had burnt up. Found it online for 30 and will post up here if it does the job as soon as it comes in the mail.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by tru2037
OK I have found a damaged part, and maybe someone else may find this useful. The only place I could find the amplifier new was OEM for over $600 and there is nothing up on ebay currently but they sell for around $200 so my only option is to see if I can fix it myself. Usually I don't get lucky in opening up the case and finding something wrong, but in this case it was a larger pin chip which had burnt up. Found it online for 30 and will post up here if it does the job as soon as it comes in the mail.
i have the same problem, but when i opened up my amp i didn't see anything out of wack ...

now i just don't know if it is my head unit or my amp ...

here it is
what fried in yours ?
Name:  P1000751.jpg
Views: 6355
Size:  163.2 KB

Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Default Audio amp problem with 2007 Camry

I too experienced this same problem in my 2007 Camry SE (6 disk changer). One day (after starting) the speakers made a "popping" noise, and I smelld something that remined me of a burning amplifier. A trip to my local Toyota dealer conformed my suspicion, and they wanted to order me a new "amp" for $1,100 plus dollars (plus instalation).

Checking on the "service bulliten" web page, I could find nothing that would help me out on this 56,000 mile (bought new; but out of warantee) vehicle. A call to Toyata yielded no satisgfaction with this issue.

I am now the "unhappy" owner of a $26,000 auto.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It is (apparently a design flaw that Toyota is refusing to acknowledge.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM

After further research there was a "service bullietin" isuued by NHTSA concerning this issue. It is Bulletin # 226748.

The "action number" for this bulletin is 10021538. I do not know what that requires, but; I intend to find out on my next visit to the dealer.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 AM

Got no satisfaction from the dealer.. Apparently; these "service bullitens" only "allert" the dealers to a problem, and then the manufacturer crosses their fingures and waits for the product to fail, after the warantee expires. Pretty good gig!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Red face 2007 Camry Stereo has no sound

Did you ever get this resolved. I have the same issue and have replaced the amp and it still has no sound.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Is the mute on?

Did you check the fuse for the amp and radio?

Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Default Blown chip on amp

Originally Posted by bad_smoke
Got no satisfaction from the dealer.. Apparently; these "service bullitens" only "allert" the dealers to a problem, and then the manufacturer crosses their fingures and waits for the product to fail, after the warantee expires. Pretty good gig!
Problem was amp shorted out, causing an IC chip to burn out. That was the cause of the smoke. It came from the amp. Which is located under the passenger seat. The cause of this problem is one of the spring bars, that assist the trunk lift, "poped" out of its retaining bracket in the trunk. When you put your suitcase in the trunk, and push it back, it will push this spring bar out of it's retaining bracket. This allows it to drop down, touch the other spring bar, and short out the amp. If the design of this brachet were reversed, that wouldn't happen.

Sent the amp to a repair service ($125.00)' put wire ties around spring bars. Problem solved.

Now own a 2914 Ford Fusion. Sorry Toyota. Didn't feel this problem was handled correctly.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info.

What repair service did you use?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Camry JBL stereo has no volume????