Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

any guide avail for 1992 camry enging mount install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Default any guide avail for 1992 camry enging mount install?

I am going to get a new set of engine mounts for my 1992 camry, but never did an install before. All i do know is, that the motor needs a little bit of a lift to get the old mounts off by jackup up the oil pan a little, but that's all I know. Any advice or a link to a guide would be great. Thanks in advance for the help

Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: any guide avail for 1992 camry enging mount install?

no answers? Maybe someone can answer this. What location do you use to jack up the engine slightly to remove and replace the motor mounts?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: any guide avail for 1992 camry enging mount install?

Have never done this job on this specific model but will try to help based on past experience.

Would place a block of wood between the jack and oil pan, then very slightly raise the engine to take the weight off the mounts. Do one mount at a time.

The rear mount may require you to go in through the wheel well and/or go under the car. If so first jack up the car to remove the tire and gain clearance to access the mount. Use jack stands or blocks or wood, etc to secure the car from moving, shifting, falling.

The front mount once loose might have to be lowered out the bottom of the car where the plastic air shield is mounted.

The trans mount is more difficult because it has a pin that drops into the cross member. As such it does not just slide out once the trans is move up a little.

The top dog bone engine mount can be removed without jacking the engine up.

Have used this method of jacking up the car, then the engine when changing other makes of cars engine mounts plus some engines require removing a mount to excess the timing belt. As long as the car body is secure on jacks or blocks and something like a block of wood placed between the jack and pan there should not be any issues. The engine would also always be supported by the remaining mounts still in place.