Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

need help w/ silly car

Old 07-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Default need help w/ silly car

my car is silly. 96 camry 2.2L 16 w/e it is idk im a 16 year old kid and i just got this car as an eirloom or w/e i inherited it but its complete poop, my cousin drove it into the ground, 123k miles (not so bad my moms 2k2 has the same) it makes a squeeking noise when you step on the gas, inbetween the 2nd and 3rd gears (its auto but i count) it lets the tacometer(i think thats what its called) go up to 8k rpms (redline) and sometimes when i accelerate to get onto a highway and i have to gain speed relatively quickly, the engine stalls out and the rpms shoot up with out catching a gear as if the car was in nuetral, ive driven this car for the past 2 months and its my baby i just want to make its time here with me as long as possible, and maybe id like it to go fast, and by fast i mean able to accelerate to 60mph in 15 seconds tops
P.S. i work for gas money so if this takes like idk a new transmission or somethign i wanna kno like the cheapest, if its possible to figure out, if its worth it, what you guys would do in my situation