General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Camry A/C diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Default 03 Camry A/C diagram

brand new to the forum, thanks for having me. In my 03 LE 4cyl, I have an issue with my a/c operating at about half power. It's not the blower resistor because it's working on all 4 speeds, but last week my wife and I were driving around on a very hot day with the a/c on full blast and suddenly it sounded like a baffle partially closed and it was blowing at about half power. It's still cold, but not nearly as powerful. I'll be checking the cabin filter later today, but I doubt that's it. It happens only when the recirculate button is on. If I take it off recirculated, it blows full power but pulls air from outside. I think it has something to do with the actuator but I have no idea where that is. Does anyone have a drawing or diagram of the a/c duct system that shows the location of the actuator? any help is greatly appreciated

Old 09-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Recirculation damper servo motor is located on the blower assy. Assy is under dash on passengers side (has large round shape at bottom). Motor is on the passenger side of assy at about the same height as the recirc air intake "screen" that faces the passengers seat (screen located above air filter). The motor is held in by 3 screws.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Recirculation damper servo motor is located on the blower assy. Assy is under dash on passengers side (has large round shape at bottom). Motor is on the passenger side of assy at about the same height as the recirc air intake "screen" that faces the passengers seat (screen located above air filter). The motor is held in by 3 screws.

so the damper servo motor is why it's only blowing at half power?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Are you stating the blower changes to a lower speed with recirc or stays the same but less air coming out?

Recirc opens inside air and closes outside air. Inside air intake is located above blower motor unit. Check if door is moving fully to each stop. You may be able to remove the door motor and manually move the door to each stop, then check air flow.

Also check if air is now being rerouted to other outlets, as in same amount of air is moving, but now to other outlets.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:31 PM

blower doesn't change speeds as far as I can hear, just the amount of air coming out. I'll check that door tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:42 AM

Chalk it up to Camry Magic, but I ran the air with recirculation off for a little while, then when I turned it back on everything was fine. Blowing at full power, full cold with recirculation on. I think whatever was partially closed, opened up again. All is well. Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Great, thanks for posting back.