Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   2004 Camry LE help please!! (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/2004-camry-le-help-please-39373/)

Sco91 09-08-2011 05:14 AM

2004 Camry LE help please!!

Hey guys I'm new here, just had a weird question.

I'm 20 years old and have recently bought a 2004 Toyota Camry LE from my grandmother because she just bought a new car. Car works great, has less than 50K miles on it, never had any problems with it. I have a remote keyless entry for lock, unlock, and trunk.

My room is on the front of the house closest to the driveway, and at night when I'm sleeping, I'll be awoken to the sounds of the car beeping by itself? Does anyone know what this may be? It's the same sound as when I unlock/lock the car with the remote, and I'm 100% sure because the next morning I went to hit unlock and it was the same sound.

So my question is why is the car beeping by itself at night? It doesn't seems like a security thing, because I went out later in the morning and tried messing with the car and nothing happened haha. Sometimes it will beep 3 times on a row, then 5 minutes later it seems to maybe beep twice. Any help would be great. Thanks! :) :confused:

toyomoho 09-08-2011 09:34 AM

Anything else happen when the car beeps such as the dome light coming on?

Sco91 09-09-2011 10:56 PM

Nothing that I have noticed. Just a beep as far as im concerned haha.

CAMRYLOVER04LE 01-15-2012 08:08 PM

Beeping help

This could be a part of the camry's auto locking/unlocking feature. I have the same type camry and mine would lock itself. Check pages 11-20 of the owners manual.

Spacinjason 01-15-2012 09:36 PM

Sleeping with remote in pocket?

Sleeping with remote in pocket?:confused:

precision141 01-15-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sco91 (Post 66090)
Hey guys I'm new here, just had a weird question.

I'm 20 years old and have recently bought a 2004 Toyota Camry LE from my grandmother because she just bought a new car. Car works great, has less than 50K miles on it, never had any problems with it. I have a remote keyless entry for lock, unlock, and trunk.

My room is on the front of the house closest to the driveway, and at night when I'm sleeping, I'll be awoken to the sounds of the car beeping by itself? Does anyone know what this may be? It's the same sound as when I unlock/lock the car with the remote, and I'm 100% sure because the next morning I went to hit unlock and it was the same sound.

So my question is why is the car beeping by itself at night? It doesn't seems like a security thing, because I went out later in the morning and tried messing with the car and nothing happened haha. Sometimes it will beep 3 times on a row, then 5 minutes later it seems to maybe beep twice. Any help would be great. Thanks! :) :confused:

Check if your car is a TRANSFORMERS car... Something like BUMBLEBEE !! :)