General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 LE can't find replacement washer tank

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Default 2007 LE can't find replacement washer tank

Hi guys,

I've decided to register on this forum after I've spend a frustrating couple of hours of Googling.

I really hope someone here will be able to help me out. I might be missing something really obvious.

Because this is my first post, a little about myself:

I live in Alaska. I drive an older manual 5-speed Mada Protege myself, and my wife drives an 2007 Camry LE automatic, 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. It currently has 102.000 miles on it.

We bought the Camry about 6 months ago and my wife loves it. I myself don't drive it all that much to be honest, but I am the one that gets to fix everything she breaks...
Luckily we have a heated garage (it'll only fit one car, and we park the Mazda in it, since the Mazda won't start at -40f, even with the block heater), so I can work on the cars all year-round.

Anyway, living in Alaska means you get to deal with some pretty extreme weather. We live in North Pole, and it can get to -50f below (actual temperature, not wind chill) in winter.
The Camry has proven to be an amazing car when it comes to dealing with the cold. It is equipped with a block heater, oil-pan heater, transmission heater and a battery trickle-charger, and it starts -45f with no difficulties. The starter motor tends to hang for a second when it's that cold, and the radio-display does not function (it stays completely blank, but it'll come on when the car heats up) but other then that the car is amazing.
We got auto-start installed on it, and that's a life saver too around here.

Needless to say, with the extreme winters here the roads are pretty bad too, and a couple of weeks ago the inevitable happened: my wife slipped of the road (going around 25mph) and drove the car into an ice-bank.

It dented the front-bumper, broke the splash/motor guards underneath the car and ripped the windscreen washer fluid bottle open.

We fixed the dent in the front bumper by heating it up with a hair-dryer and pushing the dent back out. Apart from a few minor scratches it's hard to tell it ever got damaged.

I ordered the splash guard (or whatever you call it) with a bag of push-clips and ended up buying the clips with the screws from the dealer (2 dollars per clip...). So that has been fixed too.

The biggest problem is finding a replacement for the windscreen washer tank.

I ordered a 2007 tank online, but when I received it I noticed it didn't fit. The original part has the holes for the sensor and the pump on the same side, whereas the one I ordered has each hole on opposite sides, and they are of a different size.
Here are some pictures to illustrate the difference, with the original cracked tank on the left, and the one I ordered on the right:

And here comes the annoying thing: I have *not* been able to find the identical part that came off of the car.

Every 2007 Camry windshield fluid tank that I find online is the one I ordered (with the hole for the pump too small), and a 2006 tank looks a lot like the one I took off the car, but it's not 100% identical so I have been hesitant to buy a 2006 windshield fluid tank.

Here is the information I could find on the original tank:

TOYOTA
DENSO
AW060851-221
MADE IN USA

I can't find anything when I google that number, though?...
To add to the confusion: The pump I took off of the original windshield fluid tank has part number: 85330-6010. That is listed as a part that fits a 2007-2014 toyota, but....It won't fit the 2007 fluid tank that I bought.

I am super confused, and have spend a lot of time on Google trying to find the right tank, but I can't find it.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find a tank that'll fit my current pump?

By the way: I can't find a part number on the fluid level sensor, only a patent number which is 5581062.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

Last edited by Ceristimo; 03-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, that is not easy to find! I'm not sure if you have tried Rock Auto or not so here is a link:
2007 TOYOTA CAMRY Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir

I also noticed in this item's description said that there could be a difference between Japanese made models and U.S. I would get your VIN number and call the dealer to get the part number and go from there. With the part number you should have better luck.
Let us know how it goes and what you find out.
Also, welcome to CF and it is always nice to hear that the Camry is doing well in the tundra! I live in Maine where it does not get as cold as Alaska but it is nice hear that it can handle extreme conditions!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the reply, Patonium.

Anyone here with a 2007 LE that knows what their washer fluid tank looks like? I have the distinct feeling that the tank I took off of our car does not belong to a Camry, but is for a different Toyota model.
I just simply can't find the right tank online.

I will call the dealer ship and see if I can get a part number.

Second question:
Does anyone know if the washer pump for a 2006 has the same plug as for a 2007? I found a 2006 tank online on Ebay that comes with a pump and sensor, and if a 2006 pump would fit a 2007 wire harness without modifying anything, I might go and order a 2006 tank and put that in. As long as the pump can be hooked up I don't see any problems. I don't care about the fluid level sensor at all.
Based on the pictures the mounting points on the tank are exactly the same, so it should physically fit the car without a problem.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota lists two reservoir parts, Japan and a USA.

Call dealer and inquiry using VIN number what part the car uses.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 PM

yeah, I knew the part is different between Japan and USA, but none of those two look like this one.

Well, I'll call the dealer and go from there and let you guys know.

Does anyone know if a 2006 and 2007 washer pump are interchangeable as far as the electric plug goes? In that case I might buy the 2006 tank with pump included.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Compare old tank to photo in link below:

More Information for DORMAN 603083

2006-7 pump P/N's not the same. Can always remove electrical pins from one plug and install in the other.

8531506140 is 2007-2010 2.4L North American Product Camry.

Last edited by toyomoho; 03-17-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:07 PM

Okay, I called the dealership and they gave me the following part number, based on my VIN number:

I'm at work right now, but I'll Google some when I'm home to see if I can find anything useful with that number.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Default Toyota Camry (2008) Washer Reservoir Tank

This was the closest thread I could find to addressing my issue.

Can anyone advise if the Japanese part will fit in the US made Camry?

My 2008 is US made and I too need to replace the tank. HOWEVER if the Japanese tank will fit in the US made car, I would gladly order that as it is about 1/2 the price of the US made tank.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Old 07-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Look at first post photos. One tank has a larger hole for the pump then the other. The japan and US reservoirs are different. Get the US model.

P/N 8531506140

Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 AM

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2007 LE can't find replacement washer tank