General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 XLE - Instrument cluster gadget content

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Default 2018 XLE - Instrument cluster gadget content

I have a 2018 Camry XLE hybrid. According to the owner's manual (page 115) I have an option to display various "Gadgets" in the instrument cluster. The default is "No Display". There are three gadgets available - Average vehicle speed, Distance, Elapsed time. The selected gadget would display to the right of the Fuel consumption info when the Eco-friendly driving info is displayed in the instrument cluster.

If I follow the instructions on page 124 to choose the gadget to display the user interface does not allow me to select anything other than No Display. I see the options for Average vehicle speed, Distance, Elapsed time but if I scroll to them and try to select them they are not selectable. See the attached image.

What am I missing here? Have others had success choosing the gadget to display?

Chris

Attached Thumbnails 2018 XLE - Instrument cluster gadget content-img_0497.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Try asking at Toyotanation.com where someone may own the same car.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by kasso
I have a 2018 Camry XLE hybrid. According to the owner's manual (page 115) I have an option to display various "Gadgets" in the instrument cluster. The default is "No Display". There are three gadgets available - Average vehicle speed, Distance, Elapsed time. The selected gadget would display to the right of the Fuel consumption info when the Eco-friendly driving info is displayed in the instrument cluster.

If I follow the instructions on page 124 to choose the gadget to display the user interface does not allow me to select anything other than No Display. I see the options for Average vehicle speed, Distance, Elapsed time but if I scroll to them and try to select them they are not selectable. See the attached image.

What am I missing here? Have others had success choosing the gadget to display?

Chris
I know this is a very old post but it's still the top Google result when searching.
In case anyone else has the same problem as I did, I eventually figured it out.
If your Distance Traveled Type is set to Tank, these options are all disabled. That's it.