General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 XSE two tone options

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 PM
Default 2018 XSE two tone options

I really like the two tone look that you can get on the new XSE. What I don't want though is having to add the panoramic roof, audio upgrade, and driver assist package for an extra $5000. I've been trying to find out if there is a way to get that paint job without all the add-ons. Toyota.com told me to check with local dealers. Most dealers say you can only get what is allowed when you do a "build and price" on Toyota.com, which only allows the look with all the add-ons. I finally found a dealer that said it is possible to get a 4 cylinder XSE, with the two tone paint, but without the all the extras. He even sent me a spec sheet and said the particular car was "being built" at the moment. He didn't know anything beyond that. Has anyone else come across a car with this type of option?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Well I guess I've answered my own question. You can actually "build" an XSE with the two tone, without having to get all the extras. It all depends on what region you are in.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

It appears vehicle packages/options are conceived per the demands of the 12 US Toyota regions. This explains the notice that not all packages/options may be available in "your" region.

"Special order" appears to be a dealer searching all regions for a for a vehicle that happened to be built to their customers order. Then getting the vehicle to their dealership.

If you do try to special order. The dealers success at finding a vehicle may take a lot of time or they may be unsuccessful. If you place a deposit make sure it is refundable and has some kind of finite time period to find the vehicle.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:43 AM

I just bought a Blue Streak / Midnight XSE V6 and indeed there was an exact Blue Streak / Midnight XSE 4 cylinder model on the lot but without the sunroof like you describe so they are out there. I just bought last week so I'm sure its still there if you're close to the SF Bay Area

Old 06-19-2018, 06:33 PM

Thanks. I had the Blue Streak/Black Metallic shipped to Phoenix from California. All I had to pay for was the $500 for the two-tone paint, instead of all the add ons you have to do for the normal cars that come to Arizona.