General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 camry woln't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Default 95 camry woln't start

ok heres the deal i have a 95 camry with the 2.2 4 cyl it ran hot so shut it off let cool down then started back up and dove maybe 5 miles to work when to leave for lunch and moved 2 foot and car just died and would not start back up. Any ideas gettin fuel and fire

Old 06-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Default RE: 95 camry woln't start

Hello,
I am also interested in this topic. My car is 92 Camry w/ 2.2 4cyl. I was driving along and it just quit. I am checking the rotor and the cap now and I am thinking this may be the igniter. If anyone could pop in here and help it would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
dpjarvis25

Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

If engine too hot it could have been damaged. You will need to check the cooling system out.

If the engine just died determine if the ign rotor is still turning, if not the timing belt broke.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 PM

OK, Here is what I discovered with my Camry:
I discovered that the AM2 fuse was blown. When I replaced the fuse and tried again to start the car the fuse blew again. Using "Haynes Repair Manual" I saw that the fuse was in series with the ignition circuit. I removed the distributor and tested the coil resistances, 0.6 ohm for primary, and ~12 kohm for the secondary is what I measured, close enough to the specification in the manual. I needed to determine where the plus leg of circuit was being grounded to cause the fuse blowing. Inside the distributor is a small EMI condensor, used to suppress noise vs the car radio. When I checked the condenser I found that it was shorted. I couldnt find a replacement part readily available so I just clipped the lead. When all was reassembled the car started OK. The radio was working without noise on FM, I did not try the AM where the noise would be more pronounced.
Regards...

Old 06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Excellent diagnostic work!

Wonder if you can find a replacement cap at RadioShack, etc. Rig something up, if not inside the distributor then attached to the outside wires.