General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 camry door control won't work

Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Default 95 camry door control won't work

got a 95 camry, problem is the all power door locks, power windows won't work. I've checked fuses and check for power....nothing came at the plug. the fuse in the engine bay is good...i think...i don't see any blown fuses....the thing is that.....what fuse is label for power windows, and power door locks..??? 4 place to check.....engine bay....2 at driver's side..upper nxt to steering wheel and lower kicker panel....and last place is passenger kicker panel....but none blown...i'm stunned and need help big time..can't get any windows open nor can i open any doors w/ master control unit.....

please help out..asap....summer is hot....need window open..thank you

Old 06-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Default RE: 95 camry door control won't work

V6 or 4?

There appears to be a 30A fusable link that powers the two systems. If you're not getting power to the two systems, I'd say that's it. It may have blown because you have a short. If it's a 4 I can check my FSM and help locate the fuse for you but it's going to be under the hood. Check your owners manual for location and fuse.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM

its a 4cyc w/ 2.2....

i check the 30a fuse...the fuse doesn't look blown.....but i could be wrong....maybe just replace it and go from there...i was assuming its that fuse...but since it wasn't blown....i went to look for other things....but didn't find anything....so now that's why i'm stump...come to a dead end....

if i'm not getting power to all 4 control units.....and all those 4 are link to that 30a fuse in the engine bay...then would i just replace that fuse blown or not just to see if its that fuse.....???

Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 PM

If you have an electricaltester with OHM meter you can just do a continuity test on the fuse, if not, just replace it. I don't think (??) fusable links have a visual indicator if blown, but I could be wrong. If it's not that fuse then you'll have to trace for broken wire, etc. You could check the relays even if the chance of them blowing at the same time is remote.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Due the power windows work, if so you have power at fuse and power relay.

Check the wiring between the drivers door and chassis, often the wires break due to the amount of door usage and wire flexing.