General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-26-2015, 03:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

would like to disable securikey+

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Default would like to disable securikey+

Long story short.Is it possible to disable the alarm system on my wifes 2000 Camry,its been giving us trouble and after today while replacing the car battery and couldnt get transmitter to work,I just want to disable it...Thanks in advance,
note: I have the 3 button transmitter one button green (Gulf states)

Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Replacing the battery on the remote may require it be reprogrammed to the wireless remote computer in the car. You can do this yourself but it requires having the procedures. Did the car come with any manual having procedures to program the remote?

You car may have the VIP RS3200 security system.

If you search the internet you should find a pdf file for this system. Search under Toyota RS3200 and might add the words pdf. You should also be able to find the procedures to reprogram the remote.

The car owner can change the security settings making the system less of a pain, but there does not appear to be a way to totally take the system off line.

Your situation is common in the system being a pain, the remote no longer working when the battery was replaced, sometimes the remote just fails. If these is the case remotes are sold on the internet and at Ebay.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Replacing the battery on the remote may require it be reprogrammed to the wireless remote computer in the car. You can do this yourself but it requires having the procedures. Did the car come with any manual having procedures to program the remote?
I don't have to reprogram if I change the battery on the transmitter,The manual I have is 14 pgs and the front cover just states "securikey+ owners manual",no procedures for programming remote.

Originally Posted by toyomoho
but there does not appear to be a way to totally take the system off line.
My wife hasent used the alarm system in years,the key is attached to the remote and over the years the screws have popped threw the plastic and its falling apart to the point it was unusable,we use the spare key(its just a blank),approximately 4/5 times a year the alarm will go off when shes entering the car(its disarmed)now I dont know if she locks the car with the power locks and forgets and tries opening the door and thats when the alarm sounds or she unlocks it with the key,she doesnt exactly know what happens prior to the alarm going off,this is the procedure I have to talk her threw when she calls me
Quote from manual "In the event that you lose your securikey transmitter,or if the transmitter fails to disarm the system due to weak or discharged batteries,the valet switch can be used to disarm the system.open the drivers door using the key."the horn will sound".Make sure the LED valet switch is in the off position (out),then turn the ignition key on.press and release the LED valet switch to the on (in)position.The system will disarm and the vehicle can now be started."end of quote.

{{This procedure will not work if you disconnect the battery}},like I stated earlier I replaced the car battery and when I reconnected the ground the alarm went off and could not be disarmed via the valet switch,luckily retrieved the remote out of the spare key can.threw in a fresh battery and disarmed it.....what a pain....I would sure like to totally disable this thing
Thanks toyo

Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

In the past found the RS3200 manual with a Google search. There does not appear to be a method of totally turning the thing off.

There is a way to turn off the passive arming. It's a Three Stooges procedure, meaning one needs to do repetitive things in a certain order within a certain time.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Securikey+ emailed me the programming instructions and also the Installation manual if I do decide to uninstall it,helpful people there at the Gulf states Toyota,will probably keep the security system intact....thanks for the help toyo.