General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Had a flat

Old 08-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Default Had a flat

So I had a flat, dont know for how long because I had run flats on the car. I was driving in front of my friend today and he said my car was dancing all over the lane ( which it was because I could barley keep it in check, it was windy yesterday so I figured it was that ) Then we pulled onto a backroad where the road is really bumpy. I was going maybe 35mph and the car just started getting really squirrley(sp?) I started slowing down and spun out onto the side of the road, luckily it was a flat dirt section so nothing around to hit and I just came to a somewhat gentle stop. Car got a little dirty but I detailed it today so thats taken care of. Mounting 4 tires on it tomorrow. It was one hell of an eye opening experience. So everybody, make sure to check your tires often!

-Jason

Old 08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Had a flat

I had the same problem with run flats now i dont use them i just got a full sized spare.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:01 PM

Yea I'm never using run flats again.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

runflats should only be mounted on vehicles that have low pressure warning systems, as most individuals do not check their air pressures daily/weekly, and will run into a situtation like yours. You sir got lucky.
But yeah dont use runflats without a system that can monitor the tire pressure etc.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I got real lucky considering they were on my IS300