General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: 2007 Toyota Camry Le 2.4 no heat crazy !

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Default HELP: 2007 Toyota Camry Le 2.4 no heat crazy !

Hey Gents..

I have a Toyota 2007 Camry LE 2.4 185k runs great except for today....I turned my heat on and it ran warm/hot for 10-20 seconds then turned cool (not hot/or even warm). All levels fluid okay, check hoses one coming from top of engine (going to top of radiator) consistently was hot and the one from the bottom of radiator was hot for a second or two then turn cool while heater was running full blast.. Outside temp here in NH is about 44 degrees. I have been told by the local parts store that it is a restrictive heater core, another man said it is the thermostat and yet another said it is door not opening...Merry Xmas to me and my head is spinning Any help out there would gladly be appreciated very very much
Buddy

Old 12-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Was told that 10-20 second heat felt was heat transfer off engine nothing more..Next was informed that it was thermostat problem and it had to be broken....next it was control box/door broken..my reply to that is all dial controls lite up and fan blower worked great and also worked when ac was on..could be wrong though..Just need some clarity in all of this if possible..
Buddy

Old 12-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Could be low coolant level, plugged heater core or a problem with hot/cold air mix system.

When engine cold check coolant level in radiator. It should be at the top of the radiator cap neck. Also make sure the coolant over flow tank is filled to the proper level.

If the coolant levels are OK and thermostat were the problem. The engine temp gauge should indicate this by showing hotter or colder then normal. Does the gauge show normal temp?

The climate system has an A/C Radiator Assy containing the heater core (hot air) and A/C evaporator (cold air). An Airmix Damper (a door) inside the assy mixes hot and cold air as required for the cabin temp. The damper is controlled by an electrical servo.

The heater core circulates engine coolant. There are two metal coolant tubes going through the firewall to the engines coolant system. Find the rubber coolant hoses inside the engine compartment the connect to the tubes. With engine hot feel them which should be hot.

The Airmix door is located on the passengers side of the Radiator Assy. Look under the passengers side of the dash. Under the glove box area is another unit containing the blower motor. This unit sends air to the larger Radiator Assy on drivers side of it.

On the passengers side of the Radiator Assy are two servo's. The one you want has a visible arm that can move approx 45 degrees by the servo.

With engine hot, adjust climate control cold to hot, etc and determine if the arm is moving to adjust air mix. The arm moves the damper (door) which adjust the blend of hot and cold air.