General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hoping someone knows their Camrys

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Default Hoping someone knows their Camrys

Hello Everyone. My first post. I just signed up in hopes that someone here can help me track down a diagram/chart.
Yesterday a friend of the family gifted me his 1988 Camry wagon. It has 195k miles and runs great. After sitting for a year and being an old vehicle it has some gremlins.

One of the issues is the automatic seat belts, which I know is a common issue. After doing some research I discovered that wiggling one of the driver's side kick panel relays/circuit breakers turns it on and off as well as the door chime cuts in and out. This is definitely the issue and needs to be replaced but I need information on what these things are.
I have included a pic so you can see what I'm talking about...

Specifically I need is a chart/diagram of the relays/circuit breakers above the fuses in the driver's side kick panel.
Unfortunately I can't find anything on google and don't have a manual.
Anyone who can help me will be considered a God.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Red face

Someone on another forum helped me find the necessary diagram. Specifically what i needed was a pdf titled "90_EWD.pdf". You can search for it on any major search engine.

I took out the Circuit breaker that I pointed at, put a small screwdriver (paper clip will also work) in the hole and plugged it back in.
The automatic seatbelts now move on their own with no problem. I greased the tracks really well to prevent any catching and tripping the circuit breaker again.

I also did the same for the passenger side kick panel and reset the circuit breaker for the air/heat system which was also not working.

Everything is now operational.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

The seat belt circuit breaker is this area.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
The seat belt circuit breaker is this area.
Yes... Yes it is.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM

Someone on another forum helped me find the necessary diagram. Specifically what i needed was a pdf titled "90_EWD.pdf". You can search for it on any major search engine.

I took out the Circuit breaker that I pointed at, put a small screwdriver (paper clip will also work) in the hole and plugged it back in.
The automatic seatbelts now move on their own with no problem. I greased the tracks really well to prevent any catching and tripping the circuit breaker again.

I also did the same for the passenger side kick panel and reset the circuit breaker for the air/heat system which was also not working.

Everything is now operational.