General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iginition switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Default iginition switch

yesterday, i posted error code p 1135, my mistake, i looked up p 1035 fuel/air sensor bad, but my scanner p 1135 is (iginition switch sigal missing or improper). has anyone had this error code. twice during our cold spell, when i turned off the key in the iginition, my key wouldn't come out, when the car was warm, no problem, also it seems when i turn off the key the steering wheel doesn't lock, like my other car. has anyone changed a iginition switch in a 2002 camry v6 through 2006 year ? thanks

Old 04-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: iginition switch

Is this code P1135 or P1035?

P1135 may mean differant things depending on the car manfucturer. Toyota has this listed as A/F sensor, other makes as the ign signal issue. Your code reader may be misleading you.

There is no code for your lock problem, guessing the ign signal code is for a signal sent to the computer at engine startup.

The steering locking system on most Toyota is mechanical, remove the key and a mechanisum locks the column. Have you attempted to rotate the steering wheel when turning the key to remove it, or after removing the key to lock the column?

Old 05-01-2008, 05:01 AM

thank you for your reply, yes my code reader is giving me error code p 1135, and idicates bad
iginition switch. last year about this time, i got a cel and my scanner gave me a p 1035 code
fuel/air sensor bank 1 sensor 1 had it changed out, light went away, this is the sensor on the firewall side. what sensor is p 1135 ? or where can i find out what p 1135 is ?, besides a stealer. my car starts and runs fine. thanks

Old 05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Some codes are universal and others not. Ford may have a differant explaination for code PXXXX then Toyota.

For Toyota P1135 is the A/F sensor heater circuit. Is this a California emission certified car?

Have not found P1035 in the Toyota OBDII code listings although a couple of Google hits linked it to the starter issue for think Corolla.

Again, there is no trouble code for the key lock issue.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 PM

my car is a 2002 xle v6, i bought new, so i don't know about calf.emmission standards. so what i understand you are saying, p 1135 is fuel/air sensor, but which one, since i had the one on the firewall side changed, maybe its the one on the front of engine, i guess only way to find out for sure is pull it and see if its black in color. i still have the old sensor that was changed
last year and its black at the tip. thank you again

Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

There should be a sticker under the engine hood stating if the car is California compliant and if so having the words "CALIF" or something to this effect.

P1135 is Bank 1, Sensor 1. This is the first sensor on the rear cylinder bank. It appears to be the same one you had changed last time.

The code is stating the heater in the sensor is drawing either too much electrical current or not enough, as in a short or open circuit.

Might also be the wiring to the sensor, the computer only determines the current draw, not where the problem is in the circuit.

Would not go by sensor color, the sensor can be tested for performance.

A Toyota dealer and perhaps other shops with a sophisticated scan tool should be able to run down the problem without guessing by accessing the computer via ODBII port.