General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Default Issues

I recently purchased a 05 camry le . Overall nice car inside and out. Sharp appearance and comfortable seating. Just what i was looking for. However theres some things that worry me about this car. The transmission being one of them. It seems to have a mind of its own. Im not sure if its me not being use to a 5speed auto or what but it seems to be testy at times racey and even sluggish. Ive changed the fluid with only 45 k and it seemed to help a little bit but still has a problem i believe, and from what i hear its a common issue?The 4 cyl pumps out some nice power. Next is the brakes and rotors. Seems to me the rotors are made of cheap material and the brakes like to squeak oncein a while. Ive sense replaced with new rotors ceramic pads and new tires all the way around to try and correct that problem. But no matter what the brake performance feels poor and you to really step into them to slow down properly. My last issue is a violent shake sometimes occur. Usually after i just shut it off went inside a store come out start it up it will shake bad for about 10 -20 seconds and go away. Sometimes it doesnt happend at all. The rpms hold steady and doesnt seem to be a motor mount. Not sure to be honest.

Oh and the intake tube that starts from the radiator support drops down into a white box? I hope this isnt the computer system feeds off air to cool off. My 01 celica gt had this design but a little more different and fail safe. Maybe im wrong but thats what it looks like it is from the naked eye. Im gonna rip the car apart later and figure that out. Anyones input?

Old 07-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Default RE: Issues

I'd suggest different threads for each of your different problems. It's easier for people to respond to and easier for searchers to find. Mileage would give a little more info as well.