Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   Leaking VVT Line v6 Camry 2007 (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/leaking-vvt-line-v6-camry-2007-a-7715/)

humblejohn 07-08-2009 05:10 PM

Leaking VVT Line v6 Camry 2007

My 2007 camry v6 (65000mi) just coated a road in Westchester with 6 qts of very expensive 5w30 oil. I have read numerous posts about the defective oil hose on the v6's but have not seen anyone who has taken Toyota to court on what must be considered a recall situation and not a tsb!

My service manager suspiciously agreed to quickly tow my car to the dealer. They are setting me up for the "its out of warranty" chorus; I am told that the warranty is 5yrs or 60,000 mi. I only missed by 5k.

I fully intend to take the dealership to small claims court if the cost is not
reimbursed. Please let me know what other actions you have taken to get
reimbursement. Thanks.

pedro 07-09-2009 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear about the oil hose and the mess it made. I'd make sure that you're taking the right party to small claims. Was this a dealership responsibility or a manufacturer responsibility? You also need to assess your loss in order claim damages. If there was no damage to the vehicle and the dealership paid for the tow to the shop what are you claiming for? Warranty is a contract that you agreed to when you bought the car, 5k over or not, you're out of warranty, which is with the manufacturer by the way, not the dealership. I would let your anger go and see what you could arrange with Toyota and the dealership to fix this for free. If this is a known defect that Toyota chose to ignore then maybe your State's attorney general may be of some help. Good Luck and let us know how it turned out.

Joel_CA 07-10-2009 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by pedro (Post 23472)
Sorry to hear about the oil hose and the mess it made. I'd make sure that you're taking the right party to small claims. Was this a dealership responsibility or a manufacturer responsibility? You also need to assess your loss in order claim damages. If there was no damage to the vehicle and the dealership paid for the tow to the shop what are you claiming for? Warranty is a contract that you agreed to when you bought the car, 5k over or not, you're out of warranty, which is with the manufacturer by the way, not the dealership.

Well said and 100% correct.

JJ

humblejohn 07-12-2009 10:13 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have done this before (small claims court) with another company. According to the judge the dealer's lawyer was incorrect in stating that I would have to sue Toyota Company. According to the judge the dealer is the agent of the manufacturer. My car got fixed quick. Thanks

humblejohn 07-12-2009 10:42 PM

2007 Camry vvt oil line leak

I talked to a toyota mechanic (currently employed by a large dlr) who has fixed many of the leaking oil lines and he told me that this has be going on for several years. This is, in fact , the third time that Toyota has tried to stop the leaking line. He said that the rubber part used at first was destroyed by the vapors in the line (?) and that another material was used thereafter and that failed. Supposedly the repair on my car is the third and last. This certainly should be a recall. I have to start negotiating with the dealer and manuf. tommorrow. This is a $700 slam to Toyota customers. Thanks.:confused:

p.s. Is it possible that the thieves and morons laid off by GM are now working for Toyota? Food for thought.:eek: