General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Licence Plate Holder

Old 03-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Default Licence Plate Holder

I'm not sure where to put this question. I have a new Camry and the dealer just sent the new plate. They mounted the temporary tag with their licence plate frame before delivery in the normal place on the trunk lid. When I went to install the plate and removed the dealer frame all I have is two holes in the trunk lid. I can't believe this is what Toyota designed. Of course I can buy a aftermarket bracket but what should Toyota have provided?

Old 03-04-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Harrell
I'm not sure where to put this question. I have a new Camry and the dealer just sent the new plate. They mounted the temporary tag with their licence plate frame before delivery in the normal place on the trunk lid. When I went to install the plate and removed the dealer frame all I have is two holes in the trunk lid. I can't believe this is what Toyota designed. Of course I can buy a aftermarket bracket but what should Toyota have provided?
Two holes is what Toyota furnishes. You can use them, buy an aftermarket frame, or advertise free for the dealer by using the frame he provided.... your choice!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 AM
blh

I agree that an aftermarket bracket is a cheap fix but when you spend in the high 20's for a car you would think a bracket woulld be standaard.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by blh
I agree that an aftermarket bracket is a cheap fix but when you spend in the high 20's for a car you would think a bracket woulld be standaard.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Not all states require front license plates, so I guess the 'bean counters' want to save every penny they can on production costs! I agree with you, though... Toyota SHOULD put a front license plate mount on EVERY vehicle they produce. On my 2003 Camry they didn't bother even marking the spots to drill holes for the front bracket!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:14 AM
blh

I got a front holder ( not installed ) and it's not needed in my state. My complaint was that they just drilled two holes in the deck lid for the rear plate.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:42 AM

I left my car near the mall and some guy/girl hit me from behind and now the number template holds on snot. Rear bumper is damaged, ask from local stores to provide videos to see who's that smart one. Now I will need to seek the best customized number templates available because it will be more affordable to purchase like this than change and wait many months to receive the same, but new one. I don’t understand how such people receive driving licenses.

Last edited by TeezerK; 12-18-2020 at 11:55 PM.