General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Lowered camry alignment

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Default Lowered camry alignment

hello im new to the forums and joined here in looking for an answer , hopefully you guys can help. I recently bought a 92 camry for my brother, its his first car. He saved the money and mailed it to me and i bought the car from my friend. Now my friend installed lowering springs, theyre orange maybe nuespeed? i dunno, anyway i shipped the car to him(im in pa, he is in nc) and the front tires are wearing really bad on the inside from the alignment being foff from the lowering springs. My question is how do i fix this? I know caster camber plates will do the job, but i cant seem to find any for this car, im prolly not looking hard enough and in the right place. I am a mustang guy myself and this is all new to me. So if anybody knows where i can get some or how to fix this without them, i am all ears, thanks

Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Lowered camry alignment

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...&brand=all

camber kits would assist. how low is it exactly? typically an alignment would help out, although you'll still have negative camber since the factory camber settings are very limited. But it could just be a toe in-out problem as well that is causing the excessive wear on the inside of your tire. Take it to an allignment shop, they can typically tell you whats up. But lowered cars do tend to need more alignment service, and inside tire wear is to be expected...which is why people with lowered cars tend to make very hard/spirited turns to even out the wear =P

Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Default RE: Lowered camry alignment

its not that low, but its low enough to wear out the insides of the tires pretty bad, its at the alignment shop now and im not sure if they will be able to adjust them enough. Does anyone know how much adjustment is in the stock pieces. Right now the tires look like this / \. lol