General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2008 Solara passenger door window won't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Default 2008 Solara passenger door window won't work

Passenger door window stopped working. Neither passenger nor driver door switch will work. However, all-windows switch on dash does operate the window. So, it's not the motor and I can't imagine both door switches would fail at the same time. The problem must be between the switches and the motor and common to both door switches. Any suggestions where I should start looking?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

What works and what does not?

Passenger window stopped working and neither the master switch or individual passenger door switch works? Thus no switch works this window?

But all windows switches operate the same window?

Old 09-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Default 2008 Solara passenger door window won't work

Originally Posted by toyomoho
What works and what does not?

Passenger window stopped working and neither the master switch or individual passenger door switch works? Thus no switch works this window?

But all windows switches operate the same window?
Neither the driver's door switch for that window nor the pass. door switch will operate the pass window, but the all-windows switch on dash will operate ALL windows. This simply means the pass. motor is working so the problem is elsewhere. Unless both door switches failed simultaneously, which I doubt, the problem is somewhere that is common to both door switches. If I had a wiring schematic, I could figure it out, but don't want to start tearing things apart without some idea of where to start.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Still don't understand.

Passenger windows have two switches, individual and drivers door. If both switches don't work for one window, how can "all" windows be activated.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Still don't understand.

Passenger windows have two switches, individual and drivers door. If both switches don't work for one window, how can "all" windows be activated.
The single dash switch controls all windows at the same time and its circuit is independent of the door switches.