Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   replaced o2 sensor and still check engine (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/replaced-o2-sensor-still-check-engine-38679/)

hahntaylor 05-18-2011 02:46 PM

replaced o2 sensor and still check engine

hello,
i got a scan tool for my 2005 camry, and it was telling me my rear o2 sensor had a heating problem, so i replaced that one as well as the front (from what ive been reading, i guess its best to replace both). i tried clearing the code with my scan tool and it just keeps coming back. and my check engine light keeps turning on....any advice?

toyomoho 05-18-2011 08:54 PM

4 cylinder or V6.

What was the exact code(s).

What brand of sensor did you buy?

hahntaylor 05-20-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 63675)
4 cylinder or V6.

What was the exact code(s).

What brand of sensor did you buy?

its the 4 cylinder

HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0037

the brand is the bosch universal one (used those cause the stock replacements were just outrageously priced...

After I replaced the front sensor it said the same thing for sensor 2 so I replaced that one as well and now im getting the code for sensor 1 again no matter how many times i reset the code and/or disconect the battery for hours on end.

I also have another code: Electronic Control Unit ID:10, P0031
only reason i havent done n e thing with that is i was readin that can be caused by a bad sensor...

toyomoho 05-20-2011 11:32 PM

P0031 Bank 1, Sensor 1, A/F sensor heater control circuit low. Heater current of 0.8A or less when heater operates.

P0037 Bank 1, Sensor 2. Ditto above but this is an O2 sensor. Heater current of 0.3A or less when B+ greater then 10.5V.

It is typically suggested to use a Toyota or Denso non-universal sensor. Other brands, especially Bosch can have issues with the code coming back. Also do not recommend a universal sensor for the same reason.

mcantoria 09-02-2018 11:13 AM

Am having similar problems with my 2003 Camry XLE (4 cyl)
- originally had CEL - code P0031 (scan by Advance Auto Parts). Local Toyota dealer gave me a part #, but was not in stock.
- AAP looked it up and mapped to Denso 234-9041. AAP tech installed it, but CEL did not go out.
- Ordered an OBD2 scan tool from Amazon and used it to reset the MIL. This worked, but CEL light came back on shortly after. Scanned code and still get P0031
- Tried the reset procedure recommended online - from T3 dealer in Atlanta (Check Engine Light Toyota Camry - T3 Atlanta ). This did not clear the code either.

Car drives normally, and am not experiencing any side effects.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

toyomoho 09-02-2018 02:25 PM

This is for the O2 heater circuit. Does the scanner have access to the O2 sensors?

Could be the 02 sensor or the following:
-Bad wiring to heater of O2 sensor.
-Engine room J/B (EFI relay)
-ECM

CBorg 08-07-2021 01:37 PM

O2 sensor

Originally Posted by hahntaylor (Post 63672)
hello,
i got a scan tool for my 2005 camry, and it was telling me my rear o2 sensor had a heating problem, so i replaced that one as well as the front (from what ive been reading, i guess its best to replace both). i tried clearing the code with my scan tool and it just keeps coming back. and my check engine light keeps turning on....any advice?

I will save you a lot of time and money I had lots of trouble with Bosch O2 sensors. Here are the numbers for denson that I know will work you can order it from Walmart BANK 1 DEN234-9010 Bank2 DEN-234-4149 $100 FOR THE PAIR for Camry 2.4 liter non California emissions. Good luck