General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seat Belt Chime on/off

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Default Seat Belt Chime on/off

There is procedures you can go through to disable the seat belt chime on all Toyota vehicle. The procedure is as follows:
Look for a tiny **** on the instrument panel and press it to toggle between the odometer reading and the trip odometer reading. Keep pressing the **** until you see "ODO." Turn off the vehicle.Turn the ignition on but don't crank the engine. Pull the tiny **** out for 10 seconds. While still holding the **** out, put on your seat belt and keep holding the **** for another 5 seconds then release it. The instrument panel will now read "B off."Repeat the above procedure to turn the seat belt warning chime back on.

I have 2013 Camry and the procedure does not work. The reason the procedure does not work is because there is the step similar to seat belt chime off for Eco Light on/off feature.

Does anyone know how to turn off the seat belt chime for 2013 Camry?

Old 06-01-2022, 04:35 PM

2022 LE here, looking for the same info. Does anyone know how to disable the alarm?

Old 06-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

I think your best bet is to go on eBay and buy one of those dummy clips that clip in to the buckle.
I'm pretty sure the DOT wouldn't allow a car to not have that annoying chime/bell to remind you to buckle up.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:07 PM
Default Did you figure it out!

Originally Posted by cmk033
There is procedures you can go through to disable the seat belt chime on all Toyota vehicle. The procedure is as follows:
Look for a tiny **** on the instrument panel and press it to toggle between the odometer reading and the trip odometer reading. Keep pressing the **** until you see "ODO." Turn off the vehicle.Turn the ignition on but don't crank the engine. Pull the tiny **** out for 10 seconds. While still holding the **** out, put on your seat belt and keep holding the **** for another 5 seconds then release it. The instrument panel will now read "B off."Repeat the above procedure to turn the seat belt warning chime back on.
I have 2013 Camry and the procedure does not work. The reason the procedure does not work is because there is the step similar to seat belt chime off for Eco Light on/off feature.

Does anyone know how to turn off the seat belt chime for 2013 Camry?
I have a 2012 with the same issue with the seat belt chime disable not working due to eco mode and was wondering if you found out how to disable it without buying extra parts?

Old 09-12-2022, 10:45 AM

This feature has been disabled for newer Camry (2012? ~)as it is illegal to disable feature, I've learned.
Warning chime is annoying but it is a safety feature to remind you of the fact you do not have a seatbelt on. So I would live with it by wearing seat belts.