Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   TOYOTA LIGHT FAILURE SENSOR BYPASS (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/toyota-light-failure-sensor-bypass-2591/)

sadpdmonkey 10-15-2007 12:11 PM

TOYOTA LIGHT FAILURE SENSOR BYPASS

I have a 94 Camry LE wagon that the tail light failure sensor has gone out. I was wondering if anyone knows how to just wire around it. I know where it is and have taken it out. Yes the circuit board was fried like every other Camry, I just dont feel like going to the junk yard or the dealer to buy one.

pedro 10-16-2007 08:37 AM

RE: TOYOTA LIGHT FAILURE SENSOR BYPASS

You're going to have to download the wiring diagram and cut and splice past the sensor by color code.

nodrogkam 10-16-2007 09:10 AM

so ur just trying to turn off that darn light on the dash?

take out the tach and take out the bulb =)

sadpdmonkey 10-16-2007 09:51 AM

I have the diagram but its in Acrobat Reader and it won't let me post it up on here. I can convert it and have it up later.

sadpdmonkey 10-16-2007 09:57 AM

No I'm not trying to turn the dash light off, I want to bypass the sensor. Mine went bad so I went to the junk yard and bought another and now it's gone bad. It's a bad design from Toyota so that when it goes bad you have to go purchase another from Toyota for $200. It's nothing but a small circuit board that reads resistance between the bulbs.

sadpdmonkey 10-16-2007 10:41 AM

here is what I got from another forum,
"take the #7 wire (brake light power supply) and splice it into the brake light output wires from teh module.
take the #3 wire (power supply for tails) and splice it into the output wires from teh moduel that supply the tail and marker lights.
you can do all this at the plug that goes into the module. use some t taps.

#3 and #9 together.
#7, 11,1,2 together.
the other ones you disconnect and leave alone."

sadpdmonkey 10-22-2007 12:06 PM

UPDATE:
I did what was suggesed above from another forum and blew a fuse, then after reading the schematics again i decided to take out wire #11 and the brake lights work just fine.

I also hooked up #3 to #9 and when I turn on the lights it blows the fuse under the dash. I have read and reread the schematics and it should work but it doesn't.

Here is a break down of each wire in the sensor
#1 - 3'rd break light
#2 - stop lights aka break lights
#3 - trigger for tail lights
#4 - rear light warning light in the dash
#5 - blank
#6 - blank
#7 - trigger for stop lights
#8 - power for sensor
#9 - tail lights
#10 - blank
#11 - ground for sensor
#12 - blank

My next thing to do is pull all the bulbs and check each socket and look for pinched wires, and also check the grounds.

any help would be great

bmfyzf607 11-11-2008 07:50 PM

Any one have any other info on this problem?
I tried yesterday to hook it up like above, and a few other ways with no good results.
I'll most likely be going to the junk yard to get a few, but need to get the ticket taken care of asap.
TIA

toyomoho 11-11-2008 08:17 PM

What year of car?

bmfyzf607 11-11-2008 08:44 PM

1992 xle