General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal lights on 95 Camry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Default Turn Signal lights on 95 Camry?

I have a 95 Camry sedan (XLE-V6) which needs a side marker bulb replaced that just went out. This is inside the plastic lens that sits directly next to the headlight (in this case, the right or passenger side). But I'm kind of baffled now that this light has gone out. I'm wondering if I might be missing two other burned-out bulbs as well.

When I put my turn signals on, the only things that flash at the front of the car are the orange turn signal lights embedded in the front bumper. They work fine, but they barely wrap around to the side. Are there also two additional turn signal lights (one on each side) above the bumper ones, inside the lenses next to the headlights... basically right next to the side marker lights? Or do just the non-flashing side marker lights sit in this area?

I was in my driveway and put on the turn signal and got out of my car to look at it from the side. Looks to me like while I'm driving, someone in the next lane over and right next to me would not necessarily see my turn signals, if it's just the embedded bumper signals. They barely wrap around to the side at all. Yes, there are also rear wraparounds, but a car right next to mine would probably not see those. In many other cars there are two sets of turn signals at the front of the car, one front and one side that alternative with each other when the signal is used.

So is this just a design flaw of the 95 Camry, or are there second turn signals next to the headlights that I just haven't noticed and have been burned out for a while? It looks like there's enough room for another bulb in that area and the side marker lens is even sort of a two-piece lens.

All that being said, I could answer my own question if I could get into that side marker area to replace the bulb that I know for sure is out, but I have no clue how to get in there. Anyone know how?

This is my first post here. Thanks in advance for your input!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF.

The blinkers are the lower front orange lamps. The side orange lamps are the running lights.

To test the blinkers turn on the emergency flashers, this bypasses the blinker switch.

The side lamps have a one filament bulb.

This design must precede the newer cars with side blinkers.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM

This video will show you how to take your side marker light out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyFX4_ulni4