Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   Vacuum hose routing (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/vacuum-hose-routing-52306/)

ssulaco 06-02-2018 11:45 AM

Vacuum hose routing

3 Attachment(s)
Discovered the hoses with the red arrows were laying out of site below air cleaner ductwork......looking at the vacuum routing diagram(i believe i have the correct hoses colored red) shouldn't the hoses (marked with red arrow) be plugged in where the green hose is?(hose on right be plugged into air cleaner nipple and hose on left tie into Tee)
It looks like the white vac tee is aftermarket and is actually to large for the hoses.Im assuming there is a problem because of the hose colored in green is making a bypass connection.
Just wanted to make sure im plugging the hoses back in to their respective locations....Thanks in advance..
and well see if we get a CEL....No CEL at this time.

toyomoho 06-02-2018 10:46 PM

V-6? What year of car?

ssulaco 06-03-2018 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 98235)
V-6? What year of car?

My apologies.....
2005 Camry LE
3.0 V6

toyomoho 06-03-2018 11:03 AM

Your observations are correct.

It appears someone bypassed something resulting in the two disconnected hoses. These hoses appear to go to a VSV. The question is why someone would do this? Is the VSV bad?

But first. In the photo with your hand in it.

Follow one hose back to a rubber sleeve which appears to have another hose making a 180 degree turn then going back into the sleeve. Is this really a 180 degree hose routed to something or has one end of the hose just been pushed into the sleeve?

Suggest you find the component the two disconnected hoses go to. Then find out if the component works or is even in place.

ssulaco 06-03-2018 01:40 PM

Thank you toyomoho.....Will verify the routing of hoses and and where they terminate...if looks good will re-connect hoses to their respective location..and wait for a CEL...will let you know what I find...Thx

MV1126 07-10-2022 02:12 AM

2003 Toyota Camry v6

Originally Posted by ssulaco (Post 98234)
Discovered the hoses with the red arrows were laying out of site below air cleaner ductwork......looking at the vacuum routing diagram(i believe i have the correct hoses colored red) shouldn't the hoses (marked with red arrow) be plugged in where the green hose is?(hose on right be plugged into air cleaner nipple and hose on left tie into Tee)
It looks like the white vac tee is aftermarket and is actually to large for the hoses.Im assuming there is a problem because of the hose colored in green is making a bypass connection.
Just wanted to make sure im plugging the hoses back in to their respective locations....Thanks in advance..
and well see if we get a CEL....No CEL at this time.

Do you still have this car and if so could you upload what the hoses look like now

ssulaco 07-16-2022 01:22 PM

My Daughter has the car, At this time I cant get to the car,...But if you follow diagram with the red arrows its pretty straight forward,....If I get a chance I will send you photo of how its routed now,....My apologies for taking awhile to respond.