Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-14/)
-   -   2007 Toyota Camry Performance Parts (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-14/2007-toyota-camry-performance-parts-621/)

mikeynavy1 07-04-2006 07:42 PM

2007 Toyota Camry Performance Parts

Hello. I'm new here, and also a new owner of a 2007 Camry SE. In a way it is punishment for a mistake I made, but could be worse. I traded in a sufficiently modified 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V for a 2006 4 Runner. The 4Runner was nice but boring to drive, and got horrible gas mileage, especially here in Cali and with the amount of driving I do. To get out of the 4Runner without taking too much of a financial hit, I was able to get the Camry SE. I'm not out to do as much as the Spec V, but I would like to do a few mods to get a few more horsepower, if possible. I've looked everywhere and can't find any CAIs by any major companies (AEM, Injen, etc.) and TRD's web site is under construction. I'm really just looking for a proven and reliable CAI and cat-back exhaust. The car is new, and that may be one thing, but if anyone can point me in any good direction it would be appreciated. Will TRD be coming out with parts for the 07 Camrys?

Dan_Lemur 07-05-2006 01:09 PM

RE: 2007 Toyota Camry Performance Parts

not sure at this stage mate, because its a brand new model, companies will still be researching and constructing components for the breand new camry, extractors, headers and exhaust would be the first place to start, go to ur local muffler shop and see wat they have to say

Dan

mikeynavy1 08-11-2006 11:20 PM

I'll wait on a good exhaust system from a reputable company (TRD, Apexi, HKS, etc.) that test their systems before putting them out on the market. I've tried the cut and weld systems from local muffler shops and besides looking bad, they never sound as good, and usually (not always) have crush-bent pipe. I will consider it if I have to, but definitely want mandrel bent pipes, high-end mufflers, and nice tips:)

lavalleemike 08-18-2006 04:07 PM

I'm assuming that TRD will have parts available at some point they have had camry parts for years

mikeynavy1 09-16-2006 03:31 PM

Anyone hear anything new on this front? The rumor is the TRD catalog is due out in November. I'm hoping Injen comes out with something soon. Coming from a previous Nissan where I knew all the good manufacturers.....who are the reputable Toyota aftermarket companies? I'm getting ready to get some Eibach springs ordered and installed, but I'm also looking for a CAI (or Short Ram) and cat-back exhaust.

lavalleemike 09-18-2006 03:09 PM

I would wait for TRD the dealer is more friendly with your warranty when you use toyota made parts

Krazy_Kreationz 09-28-2006 05:03 AM

I have gone to several exhaust shops and havent had any problems with the work... but down here they do good work.

greycam07 10-27-2006 10:00 PM

be prepared, possibility that the TC s/c will be reprogramed for the Camry 2AZ-FE ecu. As for other parts Ive been researching about the TC aftermarket parts. If you have the I4 Camry I would too since some of there bolt ons could work for our car. Header, Intake with adjustments, Turbo Kits, etc.

mjvip 01-25-2007 11:15 PM

I spoke with a rep at TRD and they said they had no plans for any specialized parts for the 07 XLE Camry anytime soon. Anyone know any other place to look for a turbo, blower, anything?

mikeynavy1 03-28-2007 02:59 PM

this sucks...trd's catalog has nothing more than springs for our car. hopefully someone will come out with something soon. about all you can get is a k&n filter...haha.