Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2017 toyota camry power upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Default 2017 toyota camry power upgrade

hello all,

Im new to this forum, but not forums. i bought a brand new 2017 toyota camry se about a year ago and looking for more power out of it. i currently own an 03 corolla and a 91 mr2 turbo. both have intake, header and exhaust. so thats what im aiming for:

-Intake

-Header

-and considering exhaust.

Ive done brief research online and have only checked on K&N so far as far as intake goes. i have them in all cars (also own a nissan). im wondering if there is more power potentially out of another brand.

As far as header is concerned, i have a DC sports in the corolla considering i didnt find much for them for corollas. Anything really out there for our cars?

Thanks in advance for any advice i receive. Hope i hear from a couple of you guys!

Old 09-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Are you running the four banger or six?
I'm assuming the four due to the asking for more power.
Headers for these care are tricky. If memory serves me correctly, there is a cat right there and is part of the exhaust manifold. Buying a header with the cat gets expensive. If you have the money to burn then I say go for it and do the rest of the exhaust while you're at it.
I cannot, in good faith, recommend any air intake system. I've spent countless hours watching videos of cars on dynos on youtube do power gains with intakes and they always produce the same or less power. Intake systems do sound better though! Some people swear by them though. So, to each their own. Show me real proof on a dyno and I'll start considering it.
Also, welcome to the world of the Camry. It's a family sedan and gets neglected by the aftermarket companies. I really wish this wasn't the reality of the Camry because I would love to get a few more horses out of mine.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 AM

ah ha that would make sense because after this post, i did do some researching and was seeing a lot of header setups with a cat attached and you're right....not cheap

yes i do have the 4 banger. realistically it actually feels faster then my turbo mr2 being a new 2.5 with the smooth auto trans but still looking. im one of those guys the swear that i get more power, sound, better gas mileage with an intake. i guess my hunt continues.