Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-14/)
-   -   Dual Exhaust - 03 V6 (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-14/dual-exhaust-03-v6-2916/)

03Fooshii 12-18-2007 01:06 PM

Dual Exhaust - 03 V6

Hello, Bored at work and was thinking about what it would take to turn the gen 5 single exhaust outlet to a dual exhaust. Realizing that making it "True" dual would probably take an obscene amount of money, would there be any performance benefit to making it a quasi dual? (ie splitting off a second pipe under the rear bumper rather than at the engine itself) "one day"(tm)I want to see my camry with duals, even if it has to be YEARS. And no, I would not be using twin fart cans, it would probably be a flowmaster, although I am open to suggestions.

So really 1) would it be worth it even to do a quasi dual, 2) if so, what muffler/full exhaust system would be best for this type application? Im looking for a full, throaty V8 sound.

Thanks for any feedback!

OnE_To_HatE 12-18-2007 01:54 PM

RE: Dual Exhaust - 03 V6

you again? - LOL geez. (j/k)

duals on a v6 is gonna rob you of torque because of loss in backpressure. Quad will yield nothing (maybe even an adverse) for power.

03Fooshii 12-18-2007 04:15 PM

lol Hey I did open with the "Bored at work" line - just getting more bored here recently :-\ when you say quads - I mean a muffler that has the dual outlet tips, not an actual exhaust path - still the same thing? And would making it quasi dual really pull the back pressure? I had always heard (or maybe assumed) that the backpressure would stay the same bc its taking place so far back on the path. Ignoring performance for a minute here as well - wouldnt this help deepen the exhaust note? Im just so tired of sitting at a light, having someone rev up, and they cant even hear me in response - then I smoke em cuz all they have is the fart can. (results have varied lol)

ps dont i at least give you something interesting to think about lol

OnE_To_HatE 12-19-2007 06:50 AM

^^ no; BUT you domake my life complicated.hahahaha!

i recently had exhaust work done on my camry and i only increased the pipe a qtr. of an inch in diameter and my new low end is like- 50 pounds of goat torque @ 4000RPM. HAHAHA. my car doesn't shift until 3,200rpm opposed to the 2800 it used to out of 1st/2nd gear.

now think; if a 4 cyl has a 2.25 pipe with noticable torque loss-

a v6 w/ dual exhaust pipeswould equate to??? -yeah. LOL

oh and for the quad tips- if they're just tips; then yeah- it shouldn't matter. just don't run 4 exhaust pipes. thatd be so rice-tastic!

03Fooshii 12-19-2007 03:36 PM

eh - you like it
LOL yea, 4 1.25" pipes that end in big grapefruit sized fart cans...I'd be the envy of every ricer I met >_< Then I could get a spoiler that stuck about 4 ft in the air, drop the camry ALMOST onto the chassis, and have the body sanded down and ride around in primer. I would be awesome. :D *thumbs up*

camrygarage87 02-29-2008 02:48 PM

LMAO you said fart cans that Fn hilarious cuz my friend has dual on his slonda . HAHAHAHAHA . you got an 03 like me too uh ? what model ? well im in the same boat as you looking for exhaust on the other forum some dude told me to get and cat back dual he said thats pretty beefy.

camrygarage87 03-04-2008 02:27 AM

hey did you ever figure out what type of exhaust you wanted

03Fooshii 03-05-2008 02:29 PM

I have an LE V6, although due to past abuse it doesnt act like a 6 (i had fun though :) Most everything I've read has said to go with borla, so when money isnt as tight, im gonna look into it, though i havent heard anything about a good exhaust place in the area, my father works as a delivery driver for auto-zone so he see's a lot of places, gonna get him to check prices n all at some of his stops

camrygarage87 03-05-2008 03:25 PM

damn let me know too if you live in socal though.

camrygarage87 03-19-2008 03:38 AM

hey fooshii what the hell have you been up too ? did you get those projector lights working ? havent got my dragon eyes yet .