New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Vibration when a.c. is on and whine when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Default Vibration when a.c. is on and whine when accelerating

Hey everyone hope someone can help. I own a 93 Camry LE 4 cylinder wagon with 150k miles on it. We had a tune up, cooling fan motor replaced, valve cover gasket, and the PCV valve replaced, and the upper motor mount replaced all done at the dealership a couple of months ago, leaving the parking lot my wife noticed an electrical tone that is high pitched while accelerating. The tone doesn't always happen just wondering what could cause it. Secondly there is a heavy vibration when the a.c. is on high. It is another issue that isn't constant but all other searches pointed to a tune up. The harmonic balancer was replaced pretty recently, both belts are new and pretty sure they are at the proper tension. If more info is needed I am more than happy to provide it.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Was the tone and vibration present prior to the work on the car? If not take the car back to the service center and inquire.

Is the "tone" a whistle or ? Could there be a leak in an air hose?

The AC compressor WHEN engaged puts a load on the engine. This load can cause the engine RPM to drop. The lower the RPM, the more vibration. When the AC is turned on, the compressor cycles on and off. The vibration may then come and go with the compressor engagement.

What is the engine RPM when under heavy vibration?