Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2007 Toyota Camry Driver side seat belt and airbag light (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2007-toyota-camry-driver-side-seat-belt-airbag-light-44545/)

Saeed Ahmed 02-05-2013 07:20 PM

2007 Toyota Camry Driver side seat belt and airbag light

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry LE, and the seat belt light keeps on flashing and the airbag light is solid. We have tried litterly everything possible, tried replacing the seat, replaced the seats sensors, tried a airbag module out of another 07 camry with exact same part #. Toyota have diagnosed that all the systems for airbag is fine, except it has something to do with the seatbelt of the drivers side/or module but all thats been checked and still no luck. My car is due for Safety inspecting coming month and need this to fixed lol. Any idea on how to handle this. Btw light came on because we had a blown fuse for the drivers power seat, and my mechanic thought that it was the motor so we replaced the seat and noticed that it wasn't the motor. Was just the fuse and we put back the orignal seat and everything is functional except the lights came on. No accidents on it to the extent i know. and the wiring is all pluged back properly without anything like wiring damage. Please help!!!!

toyomoho 02-06-2013 01:01 PM

A few issues.

The best way to proceed is to have someone tap into the airbag computer and download any codes. The codes will pinpoint the problem area.

Next, if this system is like previous Toyota systems once the airbag light is on, the system DOES NOT reset automatically even if the problem area is fixed. It requires a manual reset.

Issue with airbag systems are:

Before working on any airbag component disconnect the battery and wait 90 seconds to allow the system to disarm and turn off.

When taking apart or unplugging any airbag component, DO NOT turn on the Ign key (assuming battery was not disconnected). If the key is turned with any airbag components unplugged, the airbag system will conduct a self test, fail and the light come on.

MY guess (???) is when the seat was removed a harness for an airbag component was unplugged.

And prior to this the battery was not disconnected and system allowed to disarm or after the harness was disconnected the ign key was turned on.

I suggest you take the car back to the mechanic and have them download any airbag codes and if it was a seat sensor or seat airbag that was unplugged when removing the seal have them reset the system.

Otherwise they will find whatever component has a fault using the code read out.

If as you state the airbag system functioned normally before the seat was removed and now all harness plugs are reattached, perhaps only a system reset is required.

To do so requires a code reader capable of resetting the airbag system via the ODBII port. Not all code readers can reset the airbag system. There is no back door work around for resetting the system.