Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2010 Camry SE is BORING & DISAPPOINTING (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2010-camry-se-boring-disappointing-39271/)

1stCamry 08-18-2011 06:12 PM

2010 Camry SE is BORING & DISAPPOINTING

Toyota should take a page out of Hyundai, Nissan, Mazda and even Kia's page.
I have a 2010 Camry SE and it sucks even for a 4 cylinder. Big deal they decided to make the 2010 with standard twin exhaust, why do i have to buy a v6 or pay more for option to get things like a JBL sound system, to have climate controls on the steering, since they still putting the crap of a cruise control lever behind the steering instead of buttons on the steering wheel.

All those stuff should be standard. The interior design of of the 2010 Camry SE is seriously lacking in design and boring, needs a serious upgrade and some things should just be standard.

TuksonMike 08-20-2011 06:39 AM

I thought the base model was sort of bland, thats why I went with the SE. I liked it a LOT more than the similarly priced Accord, and whether or not the SE stereo has any upgraded speakers, I liked the layout, IPod interface and XM a lot more. Sounds good to me for a stock stereo with no distortion and a good amount of bass! I looked at the Kia optima and hyundai sonata but had a hard time spending the same money for korean cars when the toyota was a proven product.

Walo 08-20-2011 09:03 AM

Isn't that something you should have considered BEFORE buying the car? What's the point of buying it and then ragging on it on the forums, next time do your research and thoroughly inspect what you are buying, especially with a big purchase like a car.

martindt 08-21-2011 10:25 PM

I test drove a Sonata 2011. It had the left steering pull issue. Also had alot of rattles/noises inside the cabin. Ride was kinda rough too. I was really set on buying one. But, I rented one out for a week to drive it on roads where I normally drive. Not the smooth test loop that the dealer takes you on.
I was impressed the the stock HP for the 4 cylinder with GDI. But in the morning the (GDI)injectors made an annoying noise, when cold, that I didnt like at all. The noise went away after the motor warmed up.
I like the styling, body lines ect... But didn't like the seating due to the high belt design of the 2011 sonata. A high belt line is when they raise the height of the doors. For shorter people like me, it makes it hard to see out the windows.
If you want a car that handles, get a BMW or a Mazda 6.
Bought the camry for it's smooth ride and reliability.

1stCamry 08-22-2011 04:15 AM

I rag on it cause I have the option to and I can and choose. The vehicle was researched, that still does set aside the fact Toyota needs to improve on it's interior options/design and the quality of materials used inside which I would think is just a important as banking on it's durability and reliability

full house 08-22-2011 09:37 PM

I find it interesting at first, I see what you mean after few months.

graham7773 08-28-2011 08:08 PM

I am a new member here and was surprised to find someone bagging the Camry. I have 2 thoughts for you, "Caveat Emptor" and "you get what you pay for". If you want better quality in any aspect of a car, buy a better car. Simple.

martindt 08-29-2011 07:48 PM

2011 Lexus IS 250/350 is sporty.

Walo 09-06-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1stCamry (Post 65743)
I rag on it cause I have the option to and I can and choose. The vehicle was researched, that still does set aside the fact Toyota needs to improve on it's interior options/design and the quality of materials used inside which I would think is just a important as banking on it's durability and reliability

OK but that doesn't help your situation much, does it? You also have the option to buy another car, go do that instead.