New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

96 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Default 96 Owner

I am an owner of a 96 4 cyl. 4 door model. I want to fix it up a little and add some upgrades to it because its going to become my daily driver. I need it for the gas millage and can't afford to buy another car when this one gets decent millage and i need the back seat to carry my son around. I am open to any ideas of what to do with it. The windshield, drivers side window motor, and cv axles need to be replaced. what else im not sure but i'll fix it as it comes along. im thinking about repainting it blue its black now and maybe changing the bumpers to give it a different look.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF!

If your not doing the repair work yourself suggest you might take care of these items first as repairs can be expensive. If doing the work yourself a good internet parts internet is Rockauto.

The 4 cylinder is an fuel economy engine, there are not many improvments here without spending a lot of money.

Might research the Camry section at the Toyotanation website, a much larger membership many of whom are doing upgrades as you post.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Default repairs

Joey,
Most of the work I am going to be doing myself. I'll take it to a shop if I can't do it myself such as the window and possibly the cv axles. I am really just looking for bolt on mods for hte most part.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:01 PM

you can hire someone privately to do those work and you can learn a lot of things from that person.