Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   camry seat change (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/camry-seat-change-4984/)

haleys12 01-09-2009 07:06 PM

camry seat change

I just bought a 2007 Camry CE with manual seats. I would like to install the SE version seats-electric on drivers side. Does anyone know how complicated this would be? Seems like all you need is the power source to run the electronics, but I'm not sure if they are already there on the CE

toyomoho 01-10-2009 11:50 AM

RE: camry seat change

The controls should be on the lower side of the seat. You'll need to find 12V somewhere. If power seats were an option on the car there may be a plug somewhere but did not think the CE had this option.

haleys12 01-10-2009 03:47 PM

Yeah, thanks. I just went to my local mega Toyota dealer (Balise Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Subaru, etc.) Parts guy showed me the schematics. Toyota does not like people doing their own upgrades, so they make it difficult. Every different level of Camry has a different wiring harness! To properly install LE seats in the CE, you would have to buy an $800 harness!! I'm sure it could be done another way, but I wouldn't know how to begin such a project. Essentially, all you need to do is provide the 12 volt power source to the driver's seat. The passenger seat is non-power, so I would probably not even bother to change it. Seats are on EBay for $350 and are the same color. Most people don't realize that "leather" are just seat covers that the dealer can install. I've seen them for as low as $400, but again, you have to know what you're doing. Thanks for the reply, guess I'll just lear to like the cheap seats!
leo

toyomoho 01-12-2009 09:04 AM

Yes, just find 12V power somewhere. The wires run down the drivers side lower channel you might be able to tap off of the power relay. This relay powers the windows, doors, etc.

For a wiring diagram try the autozone websites vehicle repair guide section.

camrydan 04-30-2010 05:13 PM

hello
i have a 2007 camry hybrid
looking to get se leather interior, would that plug for drivers seat work? as it has 8 way power seats already, also, pass seat is manual, but would like to power up pass side as well
thanks
dan

nino2010 05-01-2010 08:00 AM

thanksss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk

Scott Kearney 01-23-2017 08:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope you guys are still active here. Bought a donor seat from a 2004 Camry SE w/ automatic and my 2004 SE is a stick. Too bad there are different connectors, which i didn't find out till I got my original seat removed. Would anyone know where I can get the schematics, so that I can pull off a rewiring job? Otherwise, I'll follow the instructions to pull apart the seat and replace the bottom cushion. Thx in advance

toyomoho 01-24-2017 06:51 AM

Camry offered a seat heater.

The wire colors should remain the same at the connectors.

White/Black are grounds wires.
Green/Yellow is seat belt and airbag sensor.
Blue/Orange is 12v from car.
Red/Black is seat heater.
Any yellow covered wiring is airbag.

Scott Kearney 01-28-2017 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 94836)
Camry offered a seat heater.

The wire colors should remain the same at the connectors.

White/Black are grounds wires.
Green/Yellow is seat belt and airbag sensor.
Blue/Orange is 12v from car.
Red/Black is seat heater.
Any yellow covered wiring is airbag.

Thanks Joey, when I tested the voltages, I got either 0 or 0.1 from all contacts except from the blue/orange - as described above. Also, when I took the seat out inspected the connector, I saw an all orange and a black/purple. Would you know what they are?

Lastly, I went to the dealer and his thinking is that the reason for the mismatched connectors, is because my car was made in Japan and the donor seat/wiring is from an American built Camry.

dirty hands 01-28-2017 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw an all orange and a black/purple. Would you know what they are?

I cant answer that one... japan built and American built makes it difficult

i know bond movies
if it was a bond car I would say ejector seat and the roof lifts off