Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Camry vs Civic (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/camry-vs-civic-1372/)

toyota vs honda 03-10-2007 04:07 PM

Camry vs Civic

Hi all,
I have had a '96 Accord,'96 Passat VW,and an '05 Camry LE 4 cylinder.By far I love the Camry.I am going to get a car soon as I don't have one right now.The '07 Honda Civics have improved so much that ,forgive me,but I am considering back to Honda.I have yet to drive the Civ and that should tell me a lot.Anyone out thee have the experience of comparing bothCamry and Civic?Any coments on the V6 camry vs I4?I am thinking of an SE I4.Does SE come starndard with JBL sound system?Is JBL all that more impressive than stock?
Thanks!

akira751 03-10-2007 10:41 PM

RE: Camry vs Civic

ORIGINAL: toyota vs honda

Hi all,
I have had a '96 Accord,'96 Passat VW,and an '05 Camry LE 4 cylinder.By far I love the Camry.I am going to get a car soon as I don't have one right now.The '07 Honda Civics have improved so much that ,forgive me,but I am considering back to Honda.I have yet to drive the Civ and that should tell me a lot.Anyone out thee have the experience of comparing bothCamry and Civic?Any coments on the V6 camry vs I4?I am thinking of an SE I4.Does SE come starndard with JBL sound system?Is JBL all that more impressive than stock?
Thanks!

You should not compare a Camry to a Civic. Accord to Camry. Civic to Corolla. Drive all the cars on your mind then pick whats best for you.:)

toyota vs honda 03-11-2007 02:42 PM

RE: SE vs XLE LE

Yes,I realize that driving them is the ultimate test.
Question:Regarding Camrys,is the SE all that more "Sporty" than the LE or XLE?I noticed with my '05 LE that it was a little "boaty" on the road and braking could be a little shuddering at times.Is this the case with the SE too?

akira751 03-11-2007 10:25 PM

RE: SE vs XLE LE

ORIGINAL: toyota vs honda

Yes,I realize that driving them is the ultimate test.
Question:Regarding Camrys,is the SE all that more "Sporty" than the LE or XLE?I noticed with my '05 LE that it was a little "boaty" on the road and braking could be a little shuddering at times.Is this the case with the SE too?

Yes the SE is lot more sporty than the LE and XLE. The SE is a different animal than the other models.

toyoboy 03-12-2007 05:20 AM

RE: Camry vs Civic

you are comparing one great car maker to another....the v6 has more power, and quieter,...the 4 banger has better gas milage and handles better (imo)....i have not yet driven the civic, i would guess the interior space is smaller and a little more road noise and handles better the camries (imo) ... and i don't think jbl is standard, (someone cancorrect me on that one.)

toyota vs honda 03-12-2007 03:42 PM

RE: 4 handles better than 6???

Toyoboy,

I am not very car savy.I cannot see why a V6 handles better than a 4? Even the SE V6?