Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Feeling Dizziness After Driving Toyota Camry 2011 (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/feeling-dizziness-after-driving-toyota-camry-2011-a-40152/)

car99 02-11-2012 05:57 PM

Feeling Dizziness After Driving Toyota Camry 2011

I recently bought 2011 Camry LE with 12K miles over it, a week ago from Toyota dealer. I feel dizziness when I drive it. I thought it could be suspension issue and I took it to service and they told that there is no issue. When I drive my old Nissan , I am fine. Any idea on what could be the problem and how to address it. Thanks in advance.

ARAMP1 02-11-2012 06:46 PM

Is it a motion sickness kind of dizzy or could it be from exhaust fumes?

toyomoho 02-11-2012 09:56 PM

Carbon monoxide poisoning systems can be headaches, fatigue and nausea.

Might compare differences between the Nissan and Camry in terms of how low you sit inside the car, how tilted back is your seat, how much of the cars outside chassis can you see when looking out, how firm is the cars suspension.

It could be your brain is looking for ques that were present in the Nissan but are not in the Camry. Or a less firm suspension allowing more body sway.

If you short you may be riding low inside the Camry passenger compartment which may cause orientation issues.

car99 02-12-2012 11:33 AM

The question is how to deal with it

Recently I drove 2 rental cars for a week (Ford Crown and Malibu) and never had issues.

When I took it to dealer service center it said no issues.

toyomoho 02-12-2012 11:18 PM

No issues could be no exhaust leaks.

The various plastics and other materials may be still gassing off chemicals. Try driving the car with windows down for more fresh air or set the climate control on max outside air intake (not on recirculation). Note if the car has automatic climate controls the system may want to switch back to recirculate thus monitor this.

If short try raising the seat or placing a cushion on top of the seat. Move the seat forward or back.

The suspension may be softer then other cars allowing the chassis to float.

Visibility could be a factor plus window size. Your vision of the things outside moving relative to stationary things inside the car can upset ones balance system.

If your typically not prone to this issue as a passenger have someone else drive and you be the passenger. Try the front and rear seats.

full house 02-13-2012 12:10 AM

maybe the aircon causes the dizziness...

car99 02-15-2012 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 69635)
No issues could be no exhaust leaks.

The various plastics and other materials may be still gassing off chemicals. Try driving the car with windows down for more fresh air or set the climate control on max outside air intake (not on recirculation). Note if the car has automatic climate controls the system may want to switch back to recirculate thus monitor this.

If short try raising the seat or placing a cushion on top of the seat. Move the seat forward or back.

The suspension may be softer then other cars allowing the chassis to float.

Visibility could be a factor plus window size. Your vision of the things outside moving relative to stationary things inside the car can upset ones balance system.

If your typically not prone to this issue as a passenger have someone else drive and you be the passenger. Try the front and rear seats.

I think it is suspension issues but Toyota Service center did a test drive and denied any issues. This is Toyota certified and hence I did not worry much while test driving. Now I am not sure on how much to trust them. I shall try few things suggested here but not sure how to resolve this. I feel cheated as I paid 19k (including taxes) for this car.
Thanks

toyomoho 02-15-2012 12:32 PM

It has happened the dealers idea of normal is different from the customers.

Given the car is a 2011 would assume it is fine and working as Toyota designed it. The suspension could be too soft or have some other design characteristic that bothers you.

You may be able to install firmer struts to stiffen up the suspension plus larger sway bars to cut body sway, etc.

Try placing heavy items in the trunk or driving the car with 4 people to load down the suspension.

car99 04-01-2012 07:51 PM

Yes it is suspension/struts problem

Yes it is struts are leaking but Toyota will not replace it as leak is not within their specs. They will charge money, if want to get it replaced. They accepted the leakage but Toyota doesn't care that I get problem driving this car. Car is toyota certified and under 3 yr warranty but it is of no use to me. Thanks God that I did not take extended warranty. The tone of the dealer who sold this car is changed as they doesn't know anything about the car. I lost my faith on Toyota.
Can anyone suggest what to do. Can I talk to Toyota directly as it may be the dealer doesn't bother about the issue.Thanks in advance.

toyomoho 04-01-2012 11:06 PM

Some leakage is OK and a common issue. An internet search and review of past posts at the Toyotanation website will find other cases.

The TSB in the link below may be what Toyota is using to inspect the struts. You can do your own inspection.

http://www.toyotapart.com/SHOCK_ABSO...S-SU007-06.pdf

You can contact Toyota customer support, there should be a phone number inside the owners manual. Doubt if they will do anything given Toyota has already formulated their inspection method.

Some leakage may not equate to ride problems.

Might also check out the windshield. Sometimes the windshield design can cause motion sickness when driving.