New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

First time Camry owner

Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Default First time Camry owner

New member to the board here, after posting a thread in the DIY area, I figured I should introduce myself.

I bought a 1993 Camry XLE with the 3.0 V6 with 137K miles. The car had been involved in an accident. the previous owner rear ended someone, smashing out the lights and grille and bending the hood. Not wanting to put any money into fixing it, he sold me the car for $10 (yes, that is ten dollars). I spent about $150 at the U-pull and pay junk yard replacing all the front end parts and mending the front support back out to get the hood to latch. When I was done, my son was the proud owner of a perfectly running (until now) Camry with no external evidence of being in an accident. I was even able to pull a hood off a junk yard car of the same color.

Until it stopped running recently (see my thread in the DIY) it was an amazing car. Having owned a lot of cars in my 43 years, I was very impressed with the way this one drove.

Now, a little about me. I am career military with 19 years active duty service in the USAF. I enjoy cars, computers and family (not necessarily in that order).

Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM

nice to have you here! How old is your Camry??? mine is a bit old and planning to get a new and give the old to my brother... Hope we can some pic of your Camry someday here!