Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Good Morning (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/good-morning-2041/)

lewd43 07-18-2007 07:36 AM

Good Morning

Morning people

my name is Michael relatively new to the forum, signed on a little while ago and decided to post cause I have some questions and I'd rather not be a troll about it.

Here is the quick info. I'm a Native South Floridian, 26 years old, I currently drive a 2006 Evo 9 GSR.

I've lurked around the forum trying to find the info I have been looking for but to no avail, so I've decided to contribute a bit to the forum in hopes of getting some help back.

See you around the boards

Michael

nodrogkam 07-18-2007 09:40 AM

RE: Good Morning

welcome

lol whats ur question tho?

and if ur looking for well established toyota information may i please direct your attention to
www.toyotanation.com

lewd43 07-18-2007 10:09 AM

i am a member on there as well and posted my question there b4 i got a chance to come back here and post it

i am looking for info about the factory lip kit on 5th gen camrys and if they are available aftermarket or do i have to just wait and purchase a camry with it already.

im in the market for a DD cause the evo is nice and all, but just not practical with gas prices and california style emissions coming to florida cause it runs pig rich.

if i can pick up the lip kit after the fact, that makes my hunt that much easier

nodrogkam 07-18-2007 10:27 AM

gen 5 is still fairly new, i would assume that toyota/trd would carry the kit and that there are tons of aftermarket options to be found online and on ebay/craigslist.

if u've never owned a camry i dont know if u'll like it after owning ur evo...

lewd43 07-18-2007 07:27 PM

lol

im pretty sure its a very different vehicle, but im making some changes in my life and working on owning my own business, so im cutting out large expenses. I used to own a 91 corolla and it never gave me a single problem. Im looking for reliablity, comfortable, affordability, and something that appeals to me.

Im looking at the 5.5 and i want the lip kit so i can have a bit of style. I will miss the evo, but later on, ill be able to have a fast car again if things go well

nodrogkam 07-18-2007 07:29 PM

What i suggest to you is a honda accord. i think u maybe happier with that...haha

lewd43 07-19-2007 08:10 AM

i had a 2005 4dr v6 accord, it was a nice car. unfortunately couldnt keep it. my job gave it to me as a company vehicle, but then had to take it back for reasons outside my control. They did however start giving me an expense check for the what they were paying on the accord for. So I am trying to get away with purchasing a good car, that i can pay the car note and insurance on with that expense check, the camry falls into that category. Accords are a little bit pricery, but the insurance is more just cause older accords get stolen so often.

Im a honda boy, first car was an 88 honda prelude. Then i got the 91 corolla, sold it and picked up a 95 Prelude. Loved it and still own it to this day. Picked up the Evo, work gave me the accord, then took it back, now im looking around at the 5.5 camrys

nodrogkam 07-19-2007 09:26 AM

ah. well see i was thinking u were looking for good fuel economy without the car driving like a total boat. The i4 camry's are not as pepy as the i4 accords. and i thought the prices were about the same. The accord will outhandle the camry and in some ways i find them more comfortable. (cloth not leather). When it comes to leather cars i totally feel that toyota/lexus has honda/acura beat in comfort.

anyways gen 5.5 is a good gen. Maybe get an SE?
I would certainly give one of the dealerships a call and ask them if lip kits are available for purchase.

lewd43 07-19-2007 09:52 AM

on TN, someone posted some info about calling a SET dealership to get me a price quote on the kit since they are supposed to still sell them.

im still shopping around at the moment and the camry might not be what i end up with, but its the front runner at the moment. i found a killer deal on a 06 4dr accord v6 just a little bit ago and im working the numbers thru my credit union now about what they say about the car cause they have to approve of the car to give me the loan