New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

2007 Camry XLE V6

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Default 2007 Camry XLE V6

Hello all, I'm new here. I've been a member at other car forums and numerous other forums such as fishing, snowmobiling, boating and so on.
I bought a new to us 2007 Camry a couple weeks ago. It looks like new in and out. Low kilometers.
I have a couple questions, things I haven't been able to find in the manual or online.
I'm looking for a dipstick for the transmission, is there one or is this a dealer service type thing?
The other issue I have is with the TPMS. I will need to put snow tires on soon but want to know how to reset the system, The manual says there is a reset button near the glove box but I can't find it. One website I found said it would be under the dash on the drivers side, can't find it there either.
I've read it is a easy to use/easy to reset system but I'm thinking that this car doesn't have the system installed since it wasn't mandatory in Canada in 2007.
Anybody have answers, thanks.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Check your owners manual for the dash icon related to the TPMS and determine if it is on the dash. With ign key on, all icons should light up.

Fluid level is checked by removing a plug on the trans housing with fluid within a preset temp range. The fluid should be at the bottom of the hole. The internet has posts and video on this. ..

Old 10-20-2018, 08:05 AM

Thank you Joey P.
I checked the dash and there is no light for the TPMS so I'm pretty sure that system is not installed on this car.
As far as the transmission, I'll wait until spring to service it. It's not leaking so it must be OK as far as level. I would like to change the fluid and filter some time soon.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Check the side of the drivers door for a sticker listing the model of the transmission, which may be a U660E. Research changing the fluid for the trans model by going on the internet which has posts, video's, on this subject.

The fluid is drained via a conventional trans pan drain plug. The pan is dropped and screen replaced. Once reassembled, the replacement fluid is added via a fill port on the side of the trans until it comes out (much like a differential).

The final fluid level is checked with the fluid warmed to within a prescribed temp range. To warm the fluid, the engine is started and trans placed in gear. Once the trans fluid is within the set range, the excess is drained out.

The trans has a fluid temp sensor. This sensor can be accessed via the ODBII port with a scanner or by jumping certain ODBII terminals and using a dash light icon to indicate the temp is within range.

The factory trans pan/body seal used sealant only. You can use sealant or install an aftermarket gasket. Use one of the Permatex sealants such as Ultra Black and let the sealant fully cure before adding fluid to the pan (read directions).