New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Help

Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Default Help

I am new at this and I am looking for some help.
I just had my Oxgyen sensor replaced 2 days ago.Myrepair shop then rest my check eng. light. That same night my light came back on.
I just got back from my repair shop (today)where they ran a scran on it. This time they told me it was an e-vap code. What is that? I should I check out? I need to get my car smoged.

Thanks!

Mel

Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Default RE: Help

It is a fairly common problem , you would have to take care of this issue to pass inspection . Did they give you an estimate on how much to fix ?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 PM

no. he reset the light. He told me to take it to my smog guy after work tomorrow. He stated that this "code" is the last one in the system. Once I get to my smog guy, he wants me to ask him if he'll check my monitors. He said I could past smog if i showed 2 monitors.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

What year/engine car?

EVAP is typically the gas tank vapor evaporation control system.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM

1999 4c. He also said that Toyota cars only give one code at a time when scarnning. I don't things that is correct.